Windows 10: Taskbar icons for File Explorer

Discus and support Taskbar icons for File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dimthewm, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through.

For example, if I'm looking at my 'downloads' folder, the icon becomes a blue downward arrow; if it's a document folder, the icon is a tiny piece of paper; if it's a music folder, the icon is a musical note. There are several other icons, as well. To me, this defeats the quick-access purpose of having an icon in the task bar, since the icon keeps changing.

I'd like to have the folder as the icon for File Explorer, no matter what type of files I'm exploring. Is this doable?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Dimthewm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dimthewm, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Taskbar icons for File Explorer

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar icons for File Explorer

1. Taskbar icons for File Explorer - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons File

2. Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon: GreetingsHow can I make Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon display its current directory, as Windows 10 does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-taskbar-icon/36b57a65-15a7-4dd3-a52d-e60c0b2f4ab3
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon: GreetingsHow can I make Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon display its current directory, as Windows 10 does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-taskbar-icon/36b57a65-15a7-4dd3-a52d-e60c0b2f4ab3
  4. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  5. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  6. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.: When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a...
  7. File Explorer icon on TASKBAR

File Explorer icon on TASKBAR: I clicked "something" and the File Explorer icon has disappeared. Can't find how to reactivate and pin it to the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/aa43e35f-8e49-4f9f-b66b-7465e1862762
  8. Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails: After randomly restarting my system, not after an update, all the icons on my taskbar except UWP apps were replaced with this generic icon: [ATTACH] Also, all the icons/thumbnails everywhere on File Explorer are completely blank, no matter the size the icons are set to:...
  9. file explorer icon on taskbar

file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c
  10. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File Explorer, but when I right click on...