Windows 10: Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.

Discus and support Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I've recently encountered a situation in which none of my taskbar icons are displayed, I can't click the windows icon or task view in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dashiell O'Donnell, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.

Hello Everyone,

I've recently encountered a situation in which none of my taskbar icons are displayed, I can't click the windows icon or task view in the bottom left and

Alt + Tab doesn't work either. Win + Tab used to work but now it doesn't. I attempted following this guide https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/139348-taskbar-will-not-work.html , though that didn't end up working. I attempted to include an image below though I can't seem to do that. Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dash

:)

Dashiell O'Donnell, Apr 28, 2020

2. alt + tab not working

*Confused Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work. :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Polarman Win User
    alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.

alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.

1. Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons gone

2. Alt-Tab and clicking on icon in taskbar not working as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab and clicking on icon in taskbar not working as expected: Hi,For some reason, I'm seeing weird behavior with the taskbar and the Alt-Tab keyboard shortcut. I'm not sure what is causing it. Here are the symptoms:If I have more than one window open for an application, I cannot use the taskbar to go to one of the windows. I used to be...
  3. Alt-Tab and clicking on icon in taskbar not working as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tab and clicking on icon in taskbar not working as expected: Hi,For some reason, I'm seeing weird behavior with the taskbar and the Alt-Tab keyboard shortcut. I'm not sure what is causing it. Here are the symptoms:If I have more than one window open for an application, I cannot use the taskbar to go to one of the windows. I used to be...
  4. Alt-Tab and clicking on icon in taskbar not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!: Hey, alt+tab stopped working. I can alt+tab outside of a game, but I can't alt+tab back. Also when I click on panel it doesn't alt+tab back, game is responding tho - I mean in task manager. Same happens even for some 2d programs. I can't bring it up by alt+tab, or clicking on...
  6. alt tab not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab not working: When i try to alt tab it doesnt work, and i hear a beep after i press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-working/64c4fba0-5b02-4247-a380-85dbfd891888
  7. alt tab doesn't toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab doesn't toggle: Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't...
  8. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  9. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change. 113483
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...