Windows 10: Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

Discus and support Taskbar Icons Missing After Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GarryO'Brien, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is still the same. How can I get these icons to reappear?

:)

GarryO'Brien, Mar 10, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 10, 2022
  3. Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 10, 2022
  4. Darshan J Win User

Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

1. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons Missing

2. Taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons missing: When i open my windows after sleep the icons on my taskbar seem to be missing. after i click on space where my icons used to be that particular icon goes back to normal. Is this a bug? If yes i hope it gets fixed soon....
  3. Taskbar Icons missing.

Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  4. Taskbar Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  5. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons Missing After Update: After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is...
  6. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

Taskbar Icons Missing After Update: After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is...
  7. Missing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing icons in taskbar: I don't why, but I have at least, constantly, one icon missing in my taskbar. since some days I can't display all of them with the settings. Currently, the sound icon is missing. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/vgclbaR.png The white part on the screenshot is disappearing too...
  8. Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update: I have just bought my laptop and did the necssary setup using a local account. After installation of microsoft office software, google chrome and adobe reader, i was directed to system update to restart my laptop yesterday. There was nothing workng at first but when i...
  9. Missing Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Taskbar Icons: Whenever I run a Windows 10 specific app, such as Edge, Store, Weather, etc, It opens properly, but the icon on the taskbar is simply a square with a line under it if it is active and only the line shows when it is inactive. If I pin a Windows 10 app to the taskbar, there is...
  10. Missing Icons in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons in Taskbar: According to all I have read there should be a Properties Icon shown when you right click a blank area of the Taskbar in W10. There should also be a Task View icon to the right of the Start icon. I have neither of these. If I right click the Taskbar (blank area) I get 4...