Windows 10: Taskbar icons moved over to the left...

Discus and support Taskbar icons moved over to the left... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello and hope you're all keeping well, This morning I suddenly realised that some of my taskbar icons had moved over to the left... Normally I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by taid, Feb 5, 2021.

1. taid Win User

Taskbar icons moved over to the left...

Hello and hope you're all keeping well,

This morning I suddenly realised that some of my taskbar icons had moved over to the left...

Normally I only have the Windows start icon on the left then the usual show hidden icons/speaker/network/ time/date icons on the right. In the midddle I have the task view/Microsoft store/Edge/file explorer/OE Classic and Brove icons. It is these six that have moved over to the left.

Any help getting these back to the middle of the task bar would be appreciated. I have looked on here but coulddn't find any obvious answers...

John

:)

taid, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

How do I move the taskbar icons back to the left?

Hi,

Kindly follow these steps to return the icons on the left side of the Taskbar:

• Right click on the empty Taskbar and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Right click again on empty Taskbar and hover the mouse on Toolbar.
    • Click New folder.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    How do I move the taskbar icons back to the left?

Just to clarify did you see New folder when you go to Toolbar?
    Taskbar icons moved over to the left... 855229aa-9d22-4ce5-82fb-778a6b7a6fc3?upload=true.png
    If not, follow these steps:

• Uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Check if you will see this lines
      Taskbar icons moved over to the left... e17b9616-43b6-4a48-9bfd-03a9c1ec4d09?upload=true.png

beside the Start menu.
    • Drag the lines going to the clock.
    • Pinned icons should move to the left side of the taskbar.
    • Put check on Lock all taskbars.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Fra, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar icons moved over to the left... - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons moved

2. Moving the Taskbar to the Left in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the Taskbar to the Left in Windows 11?: The Taskbar cannot be moved to the Left in a super wide 27" screen. If only Microsoft can enable this function in Windows 11.... No point manufacturing big screens if this function is not available. Any additional functions / features in Windows 11 are useless, if such simple...
  3. Moving the Taskbar to the Left in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the Taskbar to the Left in Windows 11?: The Taskbar cannot be moved to the Left in a super wide 27" screen. If only Microsoft can enable this function in Windows 11.... No point manufacturing big screens if this function is not available. Any additional functions / features in Windows 11 are useless, if such simple...
  4. Cannot move taskbar to left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot move taskbar to left: Split from this thread.Is there a way of going back to the other windows? I can't move my taskbar to the left side. And I am so used to it being there. I now have to use the hiding bar. ugh.thanks...
  5. Cannot move taskbar to left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move taskbar to left: Split from this thread.Is there a way of going back to the other windows? I can't move my taskbar to the left side. And I am so used to it being there. I now have to use the hiding bar. ugh.thanks...
  6. Taskbar Icons moving to the center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons moving to the center: Hi, I hope you are all well.Here is my problem, the people icon, and the hp support assistance were well aligned on my taskbar right icons. However, they recently isolated themselves and moved to the center, leaving a huge gap between themselves and the other icons on the...
  7. How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?: This is what my taskbar looks like now. But I want to make it look like this instead. The second screenshot makes it easier for me to use keybindings. In the first image, I have to press Win+3 to focus Spotify, but only Win+2 in the second. More intuitive. submitted by...
  8. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  9. Taskbar icons won’t move

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar icons won’t move: I can't move icons in the browser and on the taskbar.I've to reboot PC to temporarily fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-wont-move/e39c98c9-3e5d-4497-b4f5-4c81230c7660
  10. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix task bar icons move unexpectedly

2. windows 10 taskbar icons keeps rearranging