Windows 10: Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

Discus and support Taskbar icons not displaying properly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DanganKichi, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

/u/DanganKichi, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Outside temperature display in taskbar

I followed these steps exactly and the only thing showing in my task bar is a sun icon but not temperatures are being displayed.

TerriDunaway, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

1. Taskbar icons not displaying properly? - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons displaying

2. Taskbar Icons not showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not showing properly: Taskbar icons are not showing properly after unpin and repin, after resetting, it just shows my icons as a white window with blue rectangle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-not-showing-properly/b3bdc056-7554-4527-8046-a43b9d1c96cf
  3. Taskbar Icons not showing properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons not showing properly: Taskbar icons are not showing properly after unpin and repin, after resetting, it just shows my icons as a white window with blue rectangle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-not-showing-properly/b3bdc056-7554-4527-8046-a43b9d1c96cf
  4. Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly: When in Win 11, I cannot pin open Office files to windows 11 taskbar or see the recent files opened in Word, Excel, etc. I was able to do that in Win 10. I do not get an error message. I can see the icon previews, but when right clicking on them, I used to see the files I...
  5. Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly: When in Win 11, I cannot pin open Office files to windows 11 taskbar or see the recent files opened in Word, Excel, etc. I was able to do that in Win 10. I do not get an error message. I can see the icon previews, but when right clicking on them, I used to see the files I...
  6. Wifi Icon not display properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi Icon not display properly: Hi, after I update my windows 10 to latest version, the Wifi icon becomes weird. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-display-properly/8addc47d-2e92-4d27-8022-75cc48912c4d
  7. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  8. Folder Icons not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...
  9. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  10. Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive icons not displaying properly!: I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows...