Windows 10: Taskbar icons problem ?

Discus and support Taskbar icons problem ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; im trying to clean up my task bar and there is 1 thing left thats seriously annoying me.. i dont have any sort of external storage etc connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DiBBz Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

im trying to clean up my task bar and there is 1 thing left thats seriously annoying me.. i dont have any sort of external storage etc connected to the PC yet its not going away..

screen-cap:

Taskbar icons problem ? [​IMG]

can anyone help me in figuring out how to get rid of this please!

:)

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Settings Icon is Blank on Taskbar when Running and Taskbar is Set to Small Icons

I have my taskbar set to small icons.

If I open "Settings" the app opens and a tile is started in the taskbar but the icon does not show on the tile. It is just blank.

If I change the taskbar to large icons then the settings icon shows but I have too many icons to run Windows in large icon mode.

I have tried to delete the icon cache and reboot but the problem remains.

Flavio Bagnato, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

Right click Taskbar, click Properties, click "Customize" button, click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", and make sure "Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is off.

5. jds63 Win User
    Not sure can disable this, hide it, but not disable it. Have any Printer or USB wireless device and or media card readers ?

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    May work, unless have one of items i listed

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  7. DiBBz Win User
    yeah i never said hide.. my taskbar has all its available icons expanding onto it instead of only showing a few.

these are the device that show up.. but certainly dont have any printers or what not connected nor external storage!

Taskbar icons problem ? [​IMG]

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

I have a media card reader reasons like to keep mine there, plus i do hook up a external drive at times. What is mass storage device,hdd ? Try turning it off in settings ?

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    No, turning off the icon moves it under the arrow.

10. DiBBz Win User
    removing the device from the list worked and i no longer see the icon appearing in my taskbar now!

thx for the help!

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Which device from list you mean again ? Curious.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  12. DiBBz Win User
    mass storage device!

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

What exactly was this device on PC ? Your Welcome too.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  14. DiBBz Win User
    il be quite honest i have no freaking idea... i only have 1 mass external storage and when i plug that in. it comes up as Seagate Expansion Storage... when i checked the properties before removing the *Mass storage device*

most of the properties list such as name / what it belonged to etc. showed as unavailable.

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    That icon in notification area as you know enables you also to safely remove a device, external. Like me with media card reader, so i can remove my card safely without corrupting data or causing errors to drive. Reasons for this icon be there, why i asked what device was to be sure of reasons for it to be there. Otherwise i believe if have no devices like this, will not have this icon.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar icons problem ?

1. Taskbar icons problem ? - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons problem

2. Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.: Hi, when I had installed Windows 10 on my Computer My taskbar icons were HUGE. Here is the screenshot,for u guys it may not look like its big, but in my screen its huge, and when i try to record my cursor looks like as if it was recorded in 720p, and my display is 1080p with...
  3. Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.: Hi, when I had installed Windows 10 on my Computer My taskbar icons were HUGE. Here is the screenshot,for u guys it may not look like its big, but in my screen its huge, and when i try to record my cursor looks like as if it was recorded in 720p, and my display is 1080p with...
  4. Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem - Icons Missing in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem - Icons Missing in the Taskbar: Hello my Microsoft apps icons disappear from the taskbar I tried to do everything.. from clean the cache and install them with Powershell, use scannow in cmd, and even repair system image with cmd.. can someone help me please?...
  6. Icon change to taskbar problem

Icon change to taskbar problem: I am literally desperate. I searched it on Youtube google everywhere and find no solution on this problem. I am trying to make my desktop clean and for some reason I cannot pin my GTA V on my taskbar with a changed icon to match my other apps without showing it as a epic...
  7. Problem with taskbar icons

Problem with taskbar icons: So in my taskbar some icons do not appear correctly. They're like white file icons You know what I'm saying right ? So how to make them appear correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-taskbar-icons/0905dd1b-27d9-46c0-80e9-e0c9901e3299
  8. Problem with taskbar icon

Problem with taskbar icon: Some icons in my taskbar are not appearing correctly They're white file icons you know what I'm saying right ? So how to make it appear correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-taskbar-icon/0d4e0308-c3b8-4a17-a56d-51189f64d842
  9. Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] So you can see that the icons of the programs way deeper are as it should be. I can't see which program are open. How do I fix it? On my second monitor it looks right. All Icons at the same hight. (Taskbar fixed doesn't make a difference.) I already tried...
  10. Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar": This question has been asked before, "I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled...