Taskbar icons problem ?

Discus and support Taskbar icons problem ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; im trying to clean up my task bar and there is 1 thing left thats seriously annoying me.. i dont have any sort of external storage etc connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DiBBz Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

im trying to clean up my task bar and there is 1 thing left thats seriously annoying me.. i dont have any sort of external storage etc connected to the PC yet its not going away..

screen-cap:

Taskbar icons problem ? [​IMG]

can anyone help me in figuring out how to get rid of this please!

:)

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Dionicio JrPascual Win User

Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Flavio Bagnato Win User
    Windows 10 Settings Icon is Blank on Taskbar when Running and Taskbar is Set to Small Icons

I have my taskbar set to small icons.

If I open "Settings" the app opens and a tile is started in the taskbar but the icon does not show on the tile. It is just blank.

If I change the taskbar to large icons then the settings icon shows but I have too many icons to run Windows in large icon mode.

I have tried to delete the icon cache and reboot but the problem remains.

Flavio Bagnato, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

Right click Taskbar, click Properties, click "Customize" button, click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", and make sure "Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is off.

5. jds63 Win User
    Not sure can disable this, hide it, but not disable it. Have any Printer or USB wireless device and or media card readers ?

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    May work, unless have one of items i listed

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  7. DiBBz Win User
    yeah i never said hide.. my taskbar has all its available icons expanding onto it instead of only showing a few.

these are the device that show up.. but certainly dont have any printers or what not connected nor external storage!

Taskbar icons problem ? [​IMG]

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

I have a media card reader reasons like to keep mine there, plus i do hook up a external drive at times. What is mass storage device,hdd ? Try turning it off in settings ?

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    No, turning off the icon moves it under the arrow.

10. DiBBz Win User
    removing the device from the list worked and i no longer see the icon appearing in my taskbar now!

thx for the help!

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Which device from list you mean again ? Curious.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  12. DiBBz Win User
    mass storage device!

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Taskbar icons problem ?

What exactly was this device on PC ? Your Welcome too.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  14. DiBBz Win User
    il be quite honest i have no freaking idea... i only have 1 mass external storage and when i plug that in. it comes up as Seagate Expansion Storage... when i checked the properties before removing the *Mass storage device*

most of the properties list such as name / what it belonged to etc. showed as unavailable.

DiBBz, Aug 1, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    That icon in notification area as you know enables you also to safely remove a device, external. Like me with media card reader, so i can remove my card safely without corrupting data or causing errors to drive. Reasons for this icon be there, why i asked what device was to be sure of reasons for it to be there. Otherwise i believe if have no devices like this, will not have this icon.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar icons problem ?

1. Taskbar icons problem ? - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons problem

2. Windows 10 startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup problems: I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with Windows 10 installed on a SSD drive. Everything been running fine for months until this morning the while the PC is logging on started to exhibit erratic behavior, screen going blank, PC resetting and restart, etc. Currently It won't finish...
  3. Office 365 app tiles not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 app tiles not showing icons: Highlighted blank start tiles are, l-r respectively, Office 365 Access, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint. I can resize them and see the icons. Until the next time I logout. [IMG] Install was a CTR download, not via Store. You'd think at least the Microsoft stuff would...
  4. Gmail icon is gone

Gmail icon is gone: My gmail icon is gone from my desktop. I have no idea what version I have. Can anyone help? Urgent need to get email!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/gmail-icon-is-gone/ce18068a-3493-4a9b-8159-dabc6b835a19
  5. Dell laptop windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop windows 10 problem: i bought a used laptop with no apps from the store and try to install Microsoft word app to my computer after finishing installing it asks me to update the computer and i click yes after 1 hr it finish updating and start preparing windows then it can't finish for about 24...
  6. problem with media files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with media files: I have a problem that I can't figure out what is it , But probably it's related to media files . the problem is when I try to open a video on any website using Microsoft edge I get errors , when I try to play a song using "sondcloud (beta)" Windows app once I click the song...
  7. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...
  8. windows updating problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updating problem: how to solve this problem[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-updating-problem/2877ca7e-3023-4184-85a5-1a8aa138a897
  9. What is the problem with Microsoft?

What is the problem with Microsoft?: The more Office, Windows version makes everything so difficult to use? The Office is hide feature, change location feature... Ex: can't preview when click to preview button in Excel 2016? In a nice day, My file is harmful with excel? What do you want me to do next... Why I...
  10. Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...: Dear Sir/Madam. The < video titles > do not appear in < Library of windows media player > in windows 10. Pro. The letters show that < update completed > whenever Library opened, and < there are no titles in video library >. I have already completed < Organization ->...