Windows 10: Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

Discus and support Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zaeid, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Zaeid Win User

Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine

I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View.

I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will re-arrange back to the "default" order.

How do I prevent Windows from re-arranging my taskbar icons after switching the current Desktop?

I have tried deleting my icon cache inside of %userprofile%/public, but I'm pretty sure that only affects the desktop icons

:)

Zaeid, Sep 22, 2016
  2. N900lover Win User

Maemo5 - Community OS Updates

The auto-memory of how you re-arrange icons between portrait and landscape mode is excellent - very useful. I was too lazy to test this but does anyone know if it is limited to each desktop or can you move an icon from one desktop to another in portrait
    mode and have it automatically go back to the original desktop when you switch back to landscapre mode?

N900lover, Sep 22, 2016
  3. CanisGT Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Auto Arrange - PROBLEM

I Actually fixed this problem on my own.

Maybe this setting will help.

Right click on Desktop and Choose View

Check Auto Arrange icons

Show Desktop icons

Small Icons

BONUS: Use small Taskbar Buttons

CanisGT, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

1. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons arrange

2. New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons: Everytime I save a new file to the desktop, the icon for the file places itself in the top left spot and re-arranges the existing order. -I have unchecked the "Auto arrange icons" options. -The "Allow themes to change dektop icons" boc is also unchecked. -All the Display...
  3. New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons: Everytime I save a new file to the desktop, the icon for the file places itself in the top left spot and re-arranges the existing order. -I have unchecked the "Auto arrange icons" options. -The "Allow themes to change dektop icons" boc is also unchecked. -All the Display...
  4. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?: is it possible to rearrange tasks in Task View?For example in the Task View from left to right I have Outlook, Excel file 1 and Excel file 2 opened. Is it possible to rearrange the sequence so that I would have from left to right Excel file 2, Outlook then finally Excel file...
  5. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?: is it possible to rearrange tasks in Task View?For example in the Task View from left to right I have Outlook, Excel file 1 and Excel file 2 opened. Is it possible to rearrange the sequence so that I would have from left to right Excel file 2, Outlook then finally Excel file...
  6. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop icons keep re-arranging

Desktop icons keep re-arranging: Why do my desktop icons get rearranged each time a start up or even when I click on one of the icons and then come back to the desktop? This is very annoying. [Original Title: Desktop icons]...
  8. Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor

Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor: I have a laptop as my primary work computer and sometimes I connect it on the same monitor as always. But this time I wanted to test what would happen if I set the secondary monitor as primary. Since then, if my laptop is set to primary, I connect it to my monitor and if...
  9. Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view

Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view: I didn't turn off my computer last night. Just my monitor was in sleep mode. I came back to it this morning to find that my task bar and my desktop icons are just out of view. you can barely see them. I will post a screenshot of what i see in a minute. I've already...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...