Windows 10: Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

Discus and support Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zaeid, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Zaeid Win User

Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine

I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View.

I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will re-arrange back to the "default" order.

How do I prevent Windows from re-arranging my taskbar icons after switching the current Desktop?

I have tried deleting my icon cache inside of %userprofile%/public, but I'm pretty sure that only affects the desktop icons

:)

Zaeid, Sep 22, 2016
  2. N900lover Win User

Maemo5 - Community OS Updates

The auto-memory of how you re-arrange icons between portrait and landscape mode is excellent - very useful. I was too lazy to test this but does anyone know if it is limited to each desktop or can you move an icon from one desktop to another in portrait
    mode and have it automatically go back to the original desktop when you switch back to landscapre mode?

N900lover, Sep 22, 2016
  3. CanisGT Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Auto Arrange - PROBLEM

I Actually fixed this problem on my own.

Maybe this setting will help.

Right click on Desktop and Choose View

Check Auto Arrange icons

Show Desktop icons

Small Icons

BONUS: Use small Taskbar Buttons

CanisGT, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

1. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons arrange

2. All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon and had some blurry text issue which I resolved with the help of below thread: Blurry text Solved - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums After doing so whenever I do switch user and leave desk and come back to login than I see all Desktop icons get...
  3. All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon and had some blurry text issue which I resolved with the help of below thread: Blurry text Solved - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums After doing so whenever I do switch user and leave desk and come back to login than I see all Desktop icons get...
  4. Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view: I didn't turn off my computer last night. Just my monitor was in sleep mode. I came back to it this morning to find that my task bar and my desktop icons are just out of view. you can barely see them. I will post a screenshot of what i see in a minute. I've already...
  5. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  6. Desktop icon arrangement problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  7. Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications: I have been using Windows 10 successfully on my HP laptop since I bought it, and in particular clicking on the taskbar icons to switch between open applications. Sometime yesterday evening, for no apparent reason, this facility has ceased to work. Having found previous...
  8. Desktop switch to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop switch to taskbar: I have the problem of applications or games switching off to taskbar suddenly. I am running the latest Windows 10 Creator update. Can this be a hardware fault? Any help highly appreciated. 97034
  9. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...
  10. Sizing disparity between App icons and desktop icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Sizing disparity between App icons and desktop icons in taskbar: I have successfully installed Windows 10 ("final') on three devices: One venerable notebook, one "media" desktop computer (in my living room) and my main desktop computer in my home office. Unfortunately, I have encountered a strange phenomenon on my main work computer. I...