Windows 10: Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

Discus and support Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when my laptop boots up it takes a while 5-15 min to show the taskbar correctly icons compacted, but there are instances when it never does it and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diego Q., Sep 19, 2022.

1. Diego Q. Win User

Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

when my laptop boots up it takes a while 5-15 min to show the taskbar correctly icons compacted, but there are instances when it never does it and the icons stay spread out file explorer looks like so too. And on the taskbar, there's this ugly and inconvenient scroll bar to see the icons that couldn't fit.My guess is that this bug happens because my computer is touch-screen and functions as both a tablet and a laptop it has tablet mode which changes the UI of the OS and all, even some Roblox games on the Microsoft store Roblox app think I am on a tablet and don't allow me to use the tr

:)

Diego Q., Sep 19, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

1. Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons sometimes

2. Windows 11 - Never combine mode Taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Never combine mode Taskbar icons?: Hi,Is there an update on when this feature is expected to be released? It has been extremely unproductive working with the taskbar icons combined. Why was the option to never combine even removed?...
  3. Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted: when my laptop boots up it takes a while 5-15 min to show the taskbar correctly icons compacted, but there are instances when it never does it and the icons stay spread out file explorer looks like so too. And on the taskbar, there's this ugly and inconvenient scroll bar to...
  4. Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted: when my laptop boots up it takes a while 5-15 min to show the taskbar correctly icons compacted, but there are instances when it never does it and the icons stay spread out file explorer looks like so too. And on the taskbar, there's this ugly and inconvenient scroll bar to...
  5. Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar: Does anyone know whether there is a way in Windows 11 never to group icons on the taskbar without having to install a third-party software? For example, if multiple files are open in Microsoft Word, I want all of them to be displayed as separate icons on the taskbar. Perhaps...
  6. Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar

Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar: Does anyone know whether there is a way in Windows 11 never to group icons on the taskbar without having to install a third-party software? For example, if multiple files are open in Microsoft Word, I want all of them to be displayed as separate icons on the taskbar. Perhaps...
  7. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  8. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  9. Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes: Hello everyone i have problem with hidden icons on taskbar, when im start my PC all good the problem happend, when im close/exit the app and back later or Immediate so its show wrong icon. most time the icon of windows defender or mic icon. so if has some solution for the...
  10. Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10: How to: Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 How to Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by...