Windows 10: Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Discus and support Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mar Villaflores 1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click.

how to solve.

thank you

:)

Mar Villaflores 1, Oct 15, 2018

2. Action Center

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the steps to turn Action center off.

• Right-click on the Taskbar and the click on Properties.
    • The Taskbar and Start Menu Properties windows appear, click on Customize, you will have
      Notification Area Icons on the screen.
    • Click on the Turn System icons on or off link.
    • The System Icons window will appear.
    • Change the behavior of the Action Center to off.
    • Click OK.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 15, 2018
  3. McMillanD Win User
    Start Menu and Action Center view change

My start menu and action center icons in my toolbar have changed and I am not sure why. I have a surface pro 4. My action center icon brings up a list but containing open action center or turn on quiet hours. When I select open action center nothing
    happens. Previously the icon would bring up a pop up window with information and other links. When I click the start icon instead of the tile format with options it comes up in a old list format similar to windows 7. What setting has changed to cause this
    problem and how do I return to the current tile format?

McMillanD, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

**edited as i got the wrong option**

control panel>all icons>Task bar and start menu>taskbar tab>customize (notification area section in middle)>turn system icons on or off (link under the list of all the icons, above the checkbox at the bottom)> turn it off in there. Done *Smile Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning :)

human_error, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

1. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons start

2. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  5. Start Menu, Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work: In Advanced Security Settings for my root C drive, I used the "Replace child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries" function with the default permissions on the root. After the operation finished, the C drive's properties dialog went into "Not...
  6. Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work: In Advanced Security Settings for my root C drive, I used the "Replace child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries" function with the default permissions on the root. After the operation finished, the C drive's properties dialog went into "Not...
  7. Action center, system icons in taskbar, "project" menu not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center, system icons in taskbar, "project" menu not opening: Hi, I cannot open action center, system icons in taskbare.g. Wi-Fi, battery, and the Project menuWindows+P in Windows. When I click on the icons, they do not open. However, I can open these menus in the Lock Screen, when I click on the Wi-Fi icon, or press Windows+P from...
  8. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be: Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu. There is a difference...
  9. Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning: Hello. This issue just started yesterday and I have done everything I could think of to solve it with no luck. After several hours of trouble shooting, I did narrow down the issue, but can't make sense of it. I have windows 10 pro and have updated all the drivers to the most...
  10. Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working: Hi All, I've tried everything short of resetting my pc to get my action center icon on my taskbar to function normally. Right now it will turn white like a new notification is available, but when I click on it nothing happens. Also..when I press the Ctrl + A keys, nothing...