Windows 10: Taskbar icons - unable to move them even though I'm in unlocked task bar

Discus and support Taskbar icons - unable to move them even though I'm in unlocked task bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all I'm encountering this weird thing where my taskbar is unlocked (always has been) but now all of a sudden i cannot move my icons around on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mortjonesowns, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Taskbar icons - unable to move them even though I'm in unlocked task bar

Hi all

I'm encountering this weird thing where my taskbar is unlocked (always has been) but now all of a sudden i cannot move my icons around on the task bar.

I've gone into task manager and restarted windows but still stuck??

submitted by /u/mortjonesowns
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mortjonesowns, Oct 29, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Taskbar icons - unable to move them even though I'm in unlocked task bar

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar icons - unable to move them even though I'm in unlocked task bar

1. Taskbar icons - unable to move them even though I'm in unlocked task bar - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons unable

2. Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked: For some reason my active icons on my taskbar are not flashing when an action occurs. I have the check box checked to show flashing. It just shows a color under the icon in red to indicate something is going on. How can I get the flashing to work? Windows 11....
  3. Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked: For some reason my active icons on my taskbar are not flashing when an action occurs. I have the check box checked to show flashing. It just shows a color under the icon in red to indicate something is going on. How can I get the flashing to work? Windows 11....
  4. Move Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Task Bar: how can i move the task bar in windows 11 so that it runs top to bottom down the left side of the screeen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar/7ec3ff20-72e6-4b7c-948a-5247d7e4b3c8
  5. Move Task Bar

Move Task Bar: how can i move the task bar in windows 11 so that it runs top to bottom down the left side of the screeen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar/7ec3ff20-72e6-4b7c-948a-5247d7e4b3c8
  6. unlock and move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock and move the taskbar: is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-and-move-the-taskbar/735ee1c1-fedc-4899-b2f2-24286e0be5d8
  7. unlock and move the taskbar

unlock and move the taskbar: is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-and-move-the-taskbar/735ee1c1-fedc-4899-b2f2-24286e0be5d8
  8. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  9. Task bar will not unlock.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar will not unlock.: My taskbar will not unlock. Whenever I right click the taskbar and hit Lock Taskbar to uncheck it nothing happens. Then I go to task bar settings and uncheck lock taskbar. I go out of settings and then right click my taskbar and its still locked. Ive restarted Window's...
  10. Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never: Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never this just started happening this week. before that they were fine. Cass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-are-combining-even-though-they-are/ad3dd2ee-8ac7-47c7-94aa-95891c3e0820