Windows 10: Taskbar Icons

Discus and support Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rip, Nov 27, 2015.

1. RIP
    Rip Win User

Taskbar Icons

I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to reboot/restart my PC if I have to fix it. It's really annoying me, and it's not the first time.
    I want to ask why is this happening and I don't see any problem..

:)

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Pin to taskbar

Just drag that icon from desktop to taskbar. It will pin it to taskbar by creating an icon on taskbar.

E for Excel, Nov 27, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Taskbar Icons

A few people have reported this behaviour. It has happened before in Win 7 and 8.

The following might work:

Open Task Manager (right click on taskbar) and click on More Details. Find and restart Windows Explorer in the process tab.

This will save you having to reboot the PC but I'm afraid it is not a permanent fix and I do not know of one.

philc43, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar Icons

1. Taskbar Icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons

2. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  3. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  4. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  6. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  7. How do I remove the news icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the news icon from taskbar: So, I continually remove the news icon from windows taskbar. Every week or so, it pops back.Now, I cannot remove it from the taskbar. Right click no resultOther taskbar icons, I can remove, add, whatever.The Microsoft news icon will not allow me to remove it.Please...
  8. How do I remove the news icon from taskbar

How do I remove the news icon from taskbar: So, I continually remove the news icon from windows taskbar. Every week or so, it pops back.Now, I cannot remove it from the taskbar. Right click no resultOther taskbar icons, I can remove, add, whatever.The Microsoft news icon will not allow me to remove it.Please...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....