Windows 10: Taskbar Icons

Discus and support Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rip, Nov 27, 2015.

1. RIP
    Rip Win User

Taskbar Icons

I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to reboot/restart my PC if I have to fix it. It's really annoying me, and it's not the first time.
    I want to ask why is this happening and I don't see any problem..

:)

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Pin to taskbar

Just drag that icon from desktop to taskbar. It will pin it to taskbar by creating an icon on taskbar.

E for Excel, Nov 27, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Taskbar Icons

A few people have reported this behaviour. It has happened before in Win 7 and 8.

The following might work:

Open Task Manager (right click on taskbar) and click on More Details. Find and restart Windows Explorer in the process tab.

This will save you having to reboot the PC but I'm afraid it is not a permanent fix and I do not know of one.

philc43, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar Icons

1. Taskbar Icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons

2. DOSBox icon not showing up in the taskbar or properties window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DOSBox icon not showing up in the taskbar or properties window: This problem is only happening with DOSBox at the moment. I feel if it doesn't get resolved I may find other apps suffering the same problem. It was fine until one day it just started showing the generic document icon in the taskbar when I would run a game in DOSBox. I noted...
  3. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app: [ATTACH] Hey, This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed that it didn't want to uninstall so i restarted my laptop to see if it would help, and it did, the app is gone (i reinstalled...
  4. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...
  5. Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar: [ATTACH]The Taskbar is an integral part of the Windows desktop that continually notifies which programs are currently running on your PC. Users like to pin […] This article Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. UWP icons missing only on the taskbar

UWP icons missing only on the taskbar: This problem occured only recently. Just now I launched Calculator and Edge and noticed that their icons are missing. I looked at the taskbar, turns out there were more missing icons. All turned out to be for UWP apps. What to do?...
  7. Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks...

Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks...: I believe this started after an update, but I now cannot locate that update in the update history. After restarting my computer two days ago, I was no longer able to left-click on the Sound Icon, the Network Icon, or the Calendar. To be more specific, I can right-click on...
  8. The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs.

The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs.: The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs. A right click on the touch pad will list a few options and will let me reset or shut down. A left click does nothing. I cannot see a list of the programs or any tiles....
  9. I just discovered something very odd about how Win10 deals with taskbar icons...

I just discovered something very odd about how Win10 deals with taskbar icons...: In an attempt to re-icon all of my shortcuts on my desktop/taskbar to have a coherent theme, I decided to make my own icons for all my programs/games. I made sure my icons were pixel-perfect for everything from 16x16 to 256x256 so that no matter what size, it's made exactly...
  10. Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?

Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?: When I put sidebar at the side i can't choose small icons. It consume a lot of space. In another windows versions i was used to install a program to make it thinner. Still don't find anything that works on windows 10. Tips, please! submitted by /u/demigu [link] [comments]...