Windows 10: Taskbar Icons

Discus and support Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rip, Nov 27, 2015.

1. RIP
    Rip Win User

Taskbar Icons

I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to reboot/restart my PC if I have to fix it. It's really annoying me, and it's not the first time.
    I want to ask why is this happening and I don't see any problem..

:)

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Pin to taskbar

Just drag that icon from desktop to taskbar. It will pin it to taskbar by creating an icon on taskbar.

E for Excel, Nov 27, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Taskbar Icons

A few people have reported this behaviour. It has happened before in Win 7 and 8.

The following might work:

Open Task Manager (right click on taskbar) and click on More Details. Find and restart Windows Explorer in the process tab.

This will save you having to reboot the PC but I'm afraid it is not a permanent fix and I do not know of one.

philc43, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar Icons

1. Taskbar Icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons

2. System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar: Greetings! I need help! I am running windows 10 pro with updates Recently i had to force a restart, now the little overflow arrow on the right side of the taskbar is gone and i am not able to access networking, volume, or any recently opened programs like my VPN. I have...
  3. Taskbar showing Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar showing Desktop icons: So, my taskbar suddenly grew to twice the size and I do not know what happened. Here's an image: [ATTACH] I would like to shrink it down back to regular size and get rid of the "Desktop" category showing the "This PC," "Libraries" and "Network Folder" etc. Thanks in...
  4. Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.: Hello all, Just recently I noticed that a few of my programs are not displaying the icon image in the taskbar when the program is running. All I see is a generic file image. If I pin the program to the taskbar the correct image is displayed. The desktop app is also...
  5. File explorer does not open - appears only as an icon on taskbar but will not maximise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer does not open - appears only as an icon on taskbar but will not maximise: For about 2 weeks the File Explorer will not function - regardless of from where I try it, will only appear as small icon on Taskbar. The icon will not maximise though if mouse hoovers over it opens in miniature (but no good). If I go into Word or PDF I can pen the relevant...
  6. Accidently deleted bluetooth icon from taskbar and can'r figure out how to restore it

Accidently deleted bluetooth icon from taskbar and can'r figure out how to restore it: Hi, I was moving my mouse to fast and accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my taskbar. I am stuck trying to figure out how to restore it. According to "Select which icons appear on the toolbar" in settings, Bluetooth is set to on but the test also calls it windows...
  7. Network Icon not appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon not appearing in taskbar: Hi, I've been having issues with my network icon not appearing in the taskbar of my PC. I've gone through several online articles looking for assistance. For example, I went to Settings> System> Notifications and Actions> Turn System Icons on and off. But when I go there,...
  8. Windows taskbar: My battery icon disappeared

Windows taskbar: My battery icon disappeared: My battery icon disappeared from the taskbar. I tried to reenable it by switching the power notification in the settings to 'on'. However, it doesn't even allow me to do that. All of the other options were lit in blue while the power option is grey as if switching it on or...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Duplicate Pinned Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - Duplicate Pinned Taskbar Icons: I've searched the forums and I couldn't find any similar posts for this topic. I'm running Windows 10 Pro (1809) on a MSI GE-70 2PE Laptop. I've installed / uninstalled and maintained all my software on the laptop very seamleassly. However one software that I recently...
  10. Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10

Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10: How can I make each window on the taskbar show as an individual entity (like it used to do automatically) rather than, for example, multiple browser windows are hiding in one icon. Other programs also group up like this. In addition I can find no way to remove my user name...