Windows 10: Taskbar is behind minimized windows

Discus and support Taskbar is behind minimized windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is really annoying. The problem is when windows aren't fullscreen. If I drag them down, they are on top of the taskbar. I took a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kymcbigmouth, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Taskbar is behind minimized windows

Taskbar is behind minimized windows VSokCQk5uIwTo7ELrXcd4FOaVHdoE9Og9UeB5CtNVzM.jpg

This is really annoying. The problem is when windows aren't fullscreen. If I drag them down, they are on top of the taskbar. I took a screenshot of the problem to illustrate. The second problem is related- when I have the taskbar set to auto-hide (which I would prefer), it doesn't show over the windows when they're maximized.

I've seen other threads like this, but nobody seems to have a solution that works for me. Any suggestions?

https://preview.redd.it/oqy1s7tq6j3...bp&s=da955cf8ce5e17ec3ce83c614afa3ed431b09333

submitted by /u/kymcbigmouth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kymcbigmouth, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Anthr4X Win User
    Minimize to the tray on startup

Minimize to tray at startup

I'm looking for a way to autorun GPU-Z minimized on Windows 7 x64. If I stick a shortcut in the start-up folder and change the properties to "run minimized" it doesn't minimize to the tray but instead to the taskbar. So I have to click on the taskbar and press on minimize every time I reboot my system. This is a little bit annoying if you reboot often.

Thank you for your time! *Smile Taskbar is behind minimized windows :)

Anthr4X, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Taskbar is behind minimized windows

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar is behind minimized windows

1. Taskbar is behind minimized windows - Similar Threads - Taskbar behind minimized

2. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  3. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is behind maximized windows: My taskbar shows behind maximized windows on my main display the secondary display does not see this issue. I tried changing all of my taskbar settings and resetting but nothing has worked I want to keep the taskbar hidden when my cursor is not at the side of the screen where...
  4. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is behind maximized windows: My taskbar shows behind maximized windows on my main display the secondary display does not see this issue. I tried changing all of my taskbar settings and resetting but nothing has worked I want to keep the taskbar hidden when my cursor is not at the side of the screen where...
  5. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. multiple windows minimizing window behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple windows minimizing window behind: I am getting this issue now where if I open a new window the window behind minimizes, this can be extremely annoying while gaming.It happened a little while ago with a Win 11 update and I was able to fix it via settings / gaming / turning off gaming mode but that isn't...
  7. multiple windows minimizing window behind

multiple windows minimizing window behind: I am getting this issue now where if I open a new window the window behind minimizes, this can be extremely annoying while gaming.It happened a little while ago with a Win 11 update and I was able to fix it via settings / gaming / turning off gaming mode but that isn't...
  8. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  9. Taskbar hidden behind windows

Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  10. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Customization