Windows 10: Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

Discus and support Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cemeteryk, Feb 16, 2022.

1. cemeteryk Win User

Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a simple restart can't fix!" Wrong. I came back to an error pop up, "Win32bridge server.exe - bad image" or something along those lines. It pops up every time I restart it. Ive been scouring the internet for a solution, but all attempts have been fails. I found out I couldn't even use the Start button, or open settings. I can open task manager, but thats about it. The bright side is that i can open my browser. Please help, I've even done the reg delete

:)

cemeteryk, Feb 16, 2022

2. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Feb 16, 2022
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 16, 2022
  4. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

Taskbar disable, key command to activate

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to auto hide the taskbar. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.
    • Check on the box Auto-hide taskbar, click on Apply and click on
      OK.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 16, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

1. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands. - Similar Threads - Taskbar empty Settings

2. Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.: Hello, I have been having recent issues with Windows Security since upgrading to Windows 11. Any assistance that can be provided to get Windows Security working would be greatly appreciated.Running Win11 Pro 23H2 Build 22631.3235When opening the Windows Security app, it hangs...
  3. Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.: Hello, I have been having recent issues with Windows Security since upgrading to Windows 11. Any assistance that can be provided to get Windows Security working would be greatly appreciated.Running Win11 Pro 23H2 Build 22631.3235When opening the Windows Security app, it hangs...
  4. How to fix error: 0xc0000225 when it won't even open command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix error: 0xc0000225 when it won't even open command prompt: I opened my surface book 2 days ago to find a blue screen I'll include a picture I disabled the touch of my screen a few months ago.But when I pressed the keyboard icon, it opened a touch keyboard for me.. which was strange since I already disabled the touch feature....
  5. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings are gone and taskbar is empty: This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times....
  6. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings are gone and taskbar is empty: This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times....
  7. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.: Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a simple restart can't fix!" Wrong. I came back to an error pop up, "Win32bridge server.exe - bad image" or something along those...
  8. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.: Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a simple restart can't fix!" Wrong. I came back to an error pop up, "Win32bridge server.exe - bad image" or something along those...
  9. Settings won't open, Internet won't work, won't even fresh start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings won't open, Internet won't work, won't even fresh start: I turned on my windows 10 hp laptop a few days ago and the internet wouldn't work at all so i went directly to "network & internet settings" by pressing the button located in the internet pop-up/panel thing and that window immediately closed. After trying to get to those...
  10. Command Prompt won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt won't open: Hi, whenever I try to open the Command Prompt in Win10 (cmd.exe) I get the following pop up: cmd.exe - Application Error The Application was unable to staart correctly (0XCoooo142). Click OK to close the application. I should add this was an upgrade to Win10 Any help...