Windows 10: Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre

Discus and support Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre in Cortana to solve the problem; Recently, I updated my windows. After updating I am unable to use search, start, settings and the other icons on the taskbar I have tried resolving... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SomiyaJ, Oct 14, 2020.

1. SomiyaJ Win User

Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre

Recently, I updated my windows. After updating I am unable to use search, start, settings and the other icons on the taskbar

I have tried resolving it on my own namely by,

a. restarting windows.exe on task manager

b. opening on safe mode and then restarting

c. opening powershell and checking if there is any integrity issue. Trying to reinstall the apps again

d. opening cmd and checking the health of the system, if there is any issue etc. Trying what I did on powershell on cmd as well

d. Uninstalling the updated windows and reverting back to the old one

e. changing the values in regedit

Even after trying all of this I am unable to see any changes and the taskbar remains frozen. Please help me resolve this issue. I would highly appreciate you taking the time to do so

:)

SomiyaJ, Oct 14, 2020
  2. robgr Win User

Action Centre icon greyed out

Hi,
    The Action Centre icon is missing from the system tray and the switch appears on but is greyed out in the taskbar settings
    Both the group policy & the registry appear correct
    The Win key + A key combination does nothing and neither does clicking the 'Edit your quick actions' link (which is red?) in Notifications & actions settings (Above here it says 'Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation)?
    It suggests a group policy is enforced!
    Not certain when this behaviour started
    Details are 1809 18282.1000
    Any ideas?

robgr, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Action centre and location

Go to Settings\Personalization\Taskbar\Turn system icons on or off

Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre [​IMG]

and turn it off, like I did looooong ago*Wink

Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre

Action centre and location

Hi
    I have noticed like a few others doing a search on the internet that since the Creative update for Windows 10 HOME, the location service Icon will continue to run once you open action centre.... providing you do not open action centre then the icon will come and go as it should, not stay on all the time..
    Is this a known issue with the Creative update and can it be fixed?
    Stuart

stuarttunstall, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre

1. Taskbar is frozen after updating windowsincluding internet settings, calendar and action centre - Similar Threads - Taskbar frozen updating

2. Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working: My start menu does not open the windows key on the keyboard doesn't open it, my taskbar search is not opening, my apps on pinned can't be accessed by right-clicking, and my action center does not open, even when swiping the screen, plus some of the icons eg. wifi, volume,...
  3. Action Centre

Action Centre: Before i used to have the tablet mode icon in my action centre, but recently i resetted my pc because it was a bit sluggish, but now the tablet icon seems to be missing from the right panel action centre, the tablet mode is there in my pc, but the icon has disappeared from...
  4. Action centre

Action centre: I can see the action centre icon on the bottom right of desktop, with a number of messages, but it will not open. When I go to system, notifications and actions and select Edit your quick actions, I get the error message "We're updating windows shell experience host. It...
  5. action centre

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    action centre: The notification center will not stay open. Comes on momentarily and then goes off. How do I get it to work properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/300d282a-65a5-45c1-adad-2d13f3e56962"
  6. Start, taskbar and action centre

Start, taskbar and action centre: Since latest update for Windows 10 the Above features are greyed out. I have tried changing to Custom under Personalisation>Colours>Chose your Colour, but this does not work anymore. It did a couple of weeks ago. I really do not like having the Task Bar and Start menu in...
  7. Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre

Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre: The box to choose accent colour for Start, Task bar and Action Centre is greyed out. How can I make it selectable?[IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colours-start-taskbar-and-action-centre/f63980bb-c5ae-4cb1-85a4-82623439acde
  8. Action centre

Action centre: I am unable to find or open action centre. Windows 10 Home 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/3b83ba86-2001-4c48-980e-50dc281c08cd
  9. Action centre

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action centre: After update to 1809 action centre is not showing the notifications.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/3214836e-d26b-407c-b25b-3ecdd232b489
  10. Action Centre

Action Centre: I've just updated to 1803 after a lot of difficulty. I cannot open the action centre by swiping from right or even by clicking icon. If I click and hold I get a small menu but still cannot get it....