Windows 10: Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

Discus and support Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New to Windows. When I'm using apps like Excel, the taskbar intrudes into the workspace. I want it to hide itself until I need it, i.e. until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidMcAllister1, May 7, 2020.

1. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

New to Windows. When I'm using apps like Excel, the taskbar intrudes into the workspace. I want it to hide itself until I need it, i.e. until I cursor to it to being it out. I have taskbar setting set to automatically hide the taskbar.

:)

DavidMcAllister1, May 7, 2020

2. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, May 7, 2020
  3. Why I cant hide my taskbar?

Hi,

You might want to hide the taskbar sometimes, like when you’re watching a movie or doing some reading. You have the flexibility to automatically hide the taskbar based on whether you’re in desktop mode or tablet mode.
    Follow these steps to do it:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar tab.
    • On the right pane, switch on either or both Automatically hide the taskbar
      in desktop mode and Automatically hide the taskbar
      in tablet mode.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, May 7, 2020
  4. ticoneva Win User

Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

1. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode" - Similar Threads - Taskbar hiding though

2. Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...: Hi,Just to be clear, I do NOT want the taskbar to be hiding, I want it always visible. For some reason however, in the last couple of days, maybe since the last windows 11 update April 11, 2023—KB5025239, the taskbar now automatically hides regardless of whether the...
  3. Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...: Hi,Just to be clear, I do NOT want the taskbar to be hiding, I want it always visible. For some reason however, in the last couple of days, maybe since the last windows 11 update April 11, 2023—KB5025239, the taskbar now automatically hides regardless of whether the...
  4. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode": Hello friendsDoes anyone know a program or a trick which I can create a keyboard shortcut to activate and deactivate "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the taskbar setting in Windows 10?I don't want that keyboard shortcut to only open the setting...
  5. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode": Hello friendsDoes anyone know a program or a trick which I can create a keyboard shortcut to activate and deactivate "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the taskbar setting in Windows 10?I don't want that keyboard shortcut to only open the setting...
  6. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  8. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  9. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

10. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...