Windows 10: Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format

Discus and support Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why isn’t a taskbar hiding when I play some video games in borderless format? I tried to activate auto hide feature, but it appears again when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vicky Lee2, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format

Why isn’t a taskbar hiding when I play some video games in borderless format? I tried to activate auto hide feature, but it appears again when I click on the bottom part of the screen.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Vicky Lee2, Sep 11, 2018

2. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor.

Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i noticed this on League of Legends and Fortnite but i don't want to play with the fullscreen option because it will be slow when i do Alt+Tab during the game.

I hope to solve this problem quickly, so i can come back playing with my friends.

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

Stefano Eusebio Bergò, Sep 12, 2018
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format

Taskbar pushes borderless window onto second screen

To disable auto-hide on your Task bar, we recommend following the steps below:

• Right-click from your taskbar.
    • Select and click Properties.
    • Check / uncheck Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click Apply>OK.

Here's how to change the location of your taskbar.

• Right-click from your taskbar.
    • Select and click Properties.
    • Uncheck Lock the taskbar.
    • Find Task bar location on screen.
    • Select bottom.
    • Click Apply>OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format

1. Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format - Similar Threads - Taskbar hiding play

2. Can you stop the taskbar from popping up when playing games in borderless window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you stop the taskbar from popping up when playing games in borderless window?: I play most of my games in borderless window mode. For some reason, the taskbar auto hides. It then pops back up whenever the cursor wanders near the bottom of the screen. THE OPTION, "Automatically hide the taskbar" IS TURNED OFF IN THE PERSONALIZATION SCREEN.Is there a way...
  3. Can you stop the taskbar from popping up when playing games in borderless window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you stop the taskbar from popping up when playing games in borderless window?: I play most of my games in borderless window mode. For some reason, the taskbar auto hides. It then pops back up whenever the cursor wanders near the bottom of the screen. THE OPTION, "Automatically hide the taskbar" IS TURNED OFF IN THE PERSONALIZATION SCREEN.Is there a way...
  4. Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I tried to play my games in borderless mode so that I can see my friends on skype and play the game like it's in full screen. Anyway when I play the games in boarderless mode on Windows 11 the taskbar does not hide. It's really annoying...
  5. Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I tried to play my games in borderless mode so that I can see my friends on skype and play the game like it's in full screen. Anyway when I play the games in boarderless mode on Windows 11 the taskbar does not hide. It's really annoying...
  6. Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top.: [ATTACH] several pixels above firefox tabs are under the taskbar. The same happens to any program that remove windows native borders, like Google Chrome, and it is "fixed" by deactivating borderless mode (but I prefer this way because it is more compact). I know, moving...
  7. Trying to hide the taskbar when playing games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to hide the taskbar when playing games.: So I was trying to play among us on my laptop because I was able to play it before and it was running fine. This time when I went to play the taskbar was still there so I tried to get rid of it by right clicking the task bar then going to task bar settings. The taskbar...
  8. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not hiding in borderless games: When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor. Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i...
  9. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not hiding in borderless games: When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor. Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i...
  10. Taskbar Error When Play Games in Window Borderless

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Error When Play Games in Window Borderless: [img] Taskbar Error When Switched Windows ALT+TAB. Sometime The Game is Not Responding When Switched Back I Must Wait a Few Minute for Back to Normal. I Not Sure This Problem From Windows or My Hardware. Any Comments ? (Game in SS is Final Fantasy XIV) 59606