Windows 10: Taskbar is not working and setting are not opening

Discus and support Taskbar is not working and setting are not opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello everyone I have windows 10 pro installed on my pc but i am facing a problem that taskbar buttons are not working and also start menu does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maamiradina, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Taskbar is not working and setting are not opening

hello everyone
    I have windows 10 pro installed on my pc
    but i am facing a problem that taskbar buttons are not working and also start menu does not appears if i press windows key on keyboard,
    and also settings are not opening
    and when i click on personalization the following message appears

Taskbar is not working and setting are not opening [​IMG]

:)

maamiradina, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Taskbar not working

Hi Frank,

In addition to Sumit Dhiman suggestion I suggest you to follow the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps

suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

The troubleshooting steps suggested in the link above applies to Taskbar too.

Do let us know if you are able to use Taskbar. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Taskbar is not working and setting are not opening

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar is not working and setting are not opening

1. Taskbar is not working and setting are not opening - Similar Threads - Taskbar working setting

2. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  3. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  4. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar and settings will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and settings will not work: Hello I have a new custom built pc, just a few weeks old. After a week of having it, my task bar became unusable, then settings wouldn’t work and half of my apps/games, I couldn’t uninstall any program or even reset windows as it would say ‘undoing changes’ after trying to...
  6. Taskbar and settings will not work

Taskbar and settings will not work: Hello I have a new custom built pc, just a few weeks old. After a week of having it, my task bar became unusable, then settings wouldn’t work and half of my apps/games, I couldn’t uninstall any program or even reset windows as it would say ‘undoing changes’ after trying to...
  7. Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.: I've been having this problem for a month now, I can't open my start up menu or anything on the taskbar WiFi, volume, calendar etc.. I also cant open the settings menu to change anything. I've tried basically everything, the powershell commands, starting a user didn't work I...
  8. Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.

Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.: I've been having this problem for a month now, I can't open my start up menu or anything on the taskbar WiFi, volume, calendar etc.. I also cant open the settings menu to change anything. I've tried basically everything, the powershell commands, starting a user didn't work I...
  9. Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar: I have a problem with my windows 10. I Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from the taskbar. when I want to open them a black page appears and closes instantly....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar settings not opening