Windows 10: Taskbar is not working

Discus and support Taskbar is not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello guys! i need help about something that been annoying me for years (since windows 7) and i really really want to solve this problem so i need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flicko12345, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Taskbar is not working

hello guys!
    i need help about something that been annoying me for years (since windows 7)
    and i really really want to solve this problem so i need your help and my problem is kinda weird.
    so the problem is i'm starting the computer like everyday and then can't click the taskbar or anything
    what i do to fix is CTRL+ALT+DEL and then when i see the system options i can't click anything with my mouse
    i only can click TAB until it gets to the Cencel tab and then enter.
    and after i do that fix (so called) when i click right click of something in the taskbar for example Skype
    i can't do anything i can't close it from there i can't unpin or pin it to the taskbar i can't do anything there
    so please please please guys help me this problem is killing me for years and i'll be more than happy to solve it

Thanks!

:)

flicko12345, Jan 19, 2016

2. Taskbar is not working

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your PC before the issue started?
    • What exactly is happening with the taskbar? Kindly provide more details and a screenshot of the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Zena07_07 Win User
    Taskbar is not working

my task bar has stop working how do i fix it

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Zena07_07, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Taskbar is not working

Have you tried a different mouse? If wireless, try a wired mouse.

Since it also did this on Windows 7 it sounds like a hardware problem, not a software/OS problem.

What is the make and full model number of the computer if it's a manufactured one?
    I see the motherboard is Gigabyte b75m-d3v.
    What is the make and model number of the mouse.
    Have you tried a different driver for the mouse?

Ztruker, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar is not working

1. Taskbar is not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar working

2. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  3. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  4. Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.: I'm not sure if it's a bug or hardware issue, I bought a new dell low-range gaming laptop and I run several high performance architecture softwares on it. After about one-two years of uni, the laptop started to act up occasionally. The symptoms are: 1. Unresponsive...
  5. taskbar is not working

taskbar is not working: My Lenovo desktop touchscreen isn't working properly. I cannot click on anything in my taskbar. I am able to use my mouse on certain things on the screen. otherwise I have to tab to get to anything on screen to select what I want. please help!!!...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar not working properly and can't access start menu or settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar not working properly and can't access start menu or settings?: My computer's taskbar hasn't been working properly for the past few days. Whenever I turn my computer on, the taskbar is completely frozen and missing all the icons (my cursor turns into the loading symbol when I move my mouse over it). I tried clicking on it, which will...
  7. Taskbar do not work

Taskbar do not work: I have problems with my taskbar since it does not work. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-do-not-work/d5dcc5ec-a244-4e39-8c6a-25981e838ea7
  8. Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working

in Cortana
    Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working: Hello This seems to be a new problem following the 2019-03 cumulative update for Win 10 1809. When taskbar auto-hide doesn't work, it's generally easy to find what's causing it like notifications calling for attention. Now my taskbar is constantly popping up and doing it...
  9. Automatically hide taskbar - stops working after a while - for no reason

Automatically hide taskbar - stops working after a while - for no reason: I want the task bar hidden all the time, not blocking out the bottom of my current window. I set it and it works for a while, then stops hiding and blocks he bottom line in my active window. Why and how do I fix?...
  10. Surface book start menu and taskbar not working

Surface book start menu and taskbar not working: Can hou please help me? I have bought a second hand surface book with clean win 10. Then I started it the taskbar, start menu and Cortana Is not working. I have tried multiple fixes on Google but nothing helps, and I need the computer for my school work! Best regards...