Windows 10: Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

Discus and support Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 1909 And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive. I have tried every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaiChirio, May 2, 2020.

1. JaiChirio Win User

Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

Hi

So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 1909

And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive.

I have tried every option i could think of,

- Restart Windows Explorer failed

- Repair using Powershell as an Admin failed

- Disable iGPU MultiMonitor doesn't exist on my pc

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

- Jai Chirio

:)

JaiChirio, May 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, May 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, May 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing - Similar Threads - Taskbar Unresponsive restarting

2. Windows 11 - File Explorer pinned to taskbar does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - File Explorer pinned to taskbar does nothing: New computer, new install of Windows 11 Home. File Explorer is pinned to taskbar. When I click on the folder icon, there is a brief flash of a screen like it is going to open the app, then that goes away and nothing opens....
  3. Windows 11 - File Explorer pinned to taskbar does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - File Explorer pinned to taskbar does nothing: New computer, new install of Windows 11 Home. File Explorer is pinned to taskbar. When I click on the folder icon, there is a brief flash of a screen like it is going to open the app, then that goes away and nothing opens....
  4. After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srshah27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vg3bff/after_restarts_only_taskbar_and_explorer_are/
  5. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  6. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  7. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update KB5003173 I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second...
  9. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second before...
  10. Windows taskbar/explorer unresponsive on first login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar/explorer unresponsive on first login: Hi, This is a bit of a strange one and I'm at a loss: I have a desktop PC running Windows 10 build 19042.662 with two local admin non-MS accounts, one for personal usage and one for work where I use OneDrive, Office 365 etc. This is not linked to any domains. Scenario:...