Windows 10: taskbar is unresponsive

Discus and support taskbar is unresponsive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Same thing is happening to me right now. I went out yesterday and bought a new case and aio to replace what I was currently using from a old prebuilt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yeehaw123764, Mar 18, 2021.

1. taskbar is unresponsive

Same thing is happening to me right now. I went out yesterday and bought a new case and aio to replace what I was currently using from a old prebuilt. The build was seemless until I turned it on, I got into windows just fine. After I enter my pin it took at least 3 minutes to log me in (weird considering I have OS on a ssd) Then when I login the taskbar is doing the same thing as yours. Restarting windows explorer only seems to work half of the time, I tried running a command in command prompt that was recommended for this issue but still nothing changed. I decided then to scrap all my files (considering all that’s on my pc is some video games) So I reformatted my game drive and unpluged it’s SATA and power while the system was off then reinstalled windows on my smaller ssd I kept specifically for OS and launchers. Even after scrapping ALL previous files and reinstalling windows nothing changed. At that point I figured it was hardware related, So I bought an nvme drive. At this point I’m so desperate I figuring if it was hardware this should resolve it since I would be bypassing all the SATA cables and ports. (trust me I know how dumb this is) Even then with a new Nvme drive and new installation of windows NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I seriously want to cry lol

submitted by /u/yeehaw123764
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yeehaw123764, Mar 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

taskbar is unresponsive

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

taskbar is unresponsive

1. taskbar is unresponsive - Similar Threads - taskbar unresponsive

2. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  3. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  4. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  5. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  6. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My Taskbar is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Taskbar is unresponsive: My Taskbar is not working i cant access any of the items that are in the taskbar,i can't acces the start menu and the search bar, my hotkeys are broken i tried using win + r,win + x but it didnt seem to work, i cant acces to settings and upgrade my pc, my ethernet/or LAN is...
  8. My Taskbar is unresponsive

My Taskbar is unresponsive: My Taskbar is not working i cant access any of the items that are in the taskbar,i can't acces the start menu and the search bar, my hotkeys are broken i tried using win + r,win + x but it didnt seem to work, i cant acces to settings and upgrade my pc, my ethernet/or LAN is...
  9. Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...: My taskbar and start button are unresponsive. When I look up possibly troubleshooting tips they say I need to check for updates but I cannot access my settings app as well. Not sure what to do next...
  10. Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...

Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...: My taskbar and start button are unresponsive. When I look up possibly troubleshooting tips they say I need to check for updates but I cannot access my settings app as well. Not sure what to do next...