Windows 10: Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey

Discus and support Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 to fix a problem I was having (which didn't even fix the issue). I did this by downloading Windows 10 onto a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlieWard1, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 to fix a problem I was having (which didn't even fix the issue). I did this by downloading Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive and booted from that device. Everything reinstalled fine, but, in addition to the problem not being solved, the taskbar is now really light grey instead of the standard dark grey. I've tried fixing it by changing the settings, but it isn't solving anything. I first thought it was a problem with my display driver, but I installed all the drivers for my model of laptop from the manufacturer's website, so that means it's not the problem. These are real pictures of my taskbar.

Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey [​IMG]Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey [​IMG]Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey [​IMG]

:)

CharlieWard1, Jun 14, 2019

2. Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again?

All of the grey variants in 'Colors' make the Taskbar really dark/black, but ever since Windows 7 I've had a light grey taskbar so it feels like I've lost a very old and trusted friend.

I've tried Winaero Tweaker but I've only managed to get it to change my explorer accent colour - the taskbar stays stubbornly black

Any help would be awesome, this is annoying me an unreasonable amount (I should be able to pick any color or shade I want, and I am sad)
    Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey [​IMG]

GreyWasMyFriend, Jun 14, 2019
  3. ROSKIM Win User
    Night Light option greyed out

The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this.

ROSKIM, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey

New laptrop and font color light grey. Need to change it . Hard to read.

Perhaps I am not explaining the issue properly as I am an older person. For example your reply below.

E for Excel has replied to your question ( This text is light grey)
    New laptrop and font color light grey. ( This text is black) I want everything dark black.

Any help is much much appreciated.

DM64toronto, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey

1. Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey - Similar Threads - Taskbar very light

2. How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?: Even manually changing the color to black in the personalization settings seems to revert it back to dark gray even though it works with other colors. Do I have to end up using a third party app for this like always due to microsoft's incompetence? Or is there something I'm...
  3. How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?: Even manually changing the color to black in the personalization settings seems to revert it back to dark gray even though it works with other colors. Do I have to end up using a third party app for this like always due to microsoft's incompetence? Or is there something I'm...
  4. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  5. Grey Night Light Settings

Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  6. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. my night light is greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my night light is greyed out: if i try to turn on night light it is greyed out and nothing is working submitted by /u/StepBro_Flux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ngdg7k/my_night_light_is_greyed_out/
  8. Selection Text in MS Word is in black instead of grey/light blue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selection Text in MS Word is in black instead of grey/light blue: Whenver I select a text not hightlight it turned to pure black instead of the default grey/light blue selection. I already tried reinstalling, turning off speech recognition and repairing office 365, but still the same....
  9. Dark Theme still slightly grey?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Theme still slightly grey?: Any one has any ideas on how I can apply a theme that has a black taskbar instead of the dark grey one that comes with Windows 10 dark theme? Sort of like the 'terminal' theme in gmail? Thanks! submitted by /u/mudrawker [link] [comments]...
  10. Night Light option greyed out

Night Light option greyed out: The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows taskbar very light