Windows 10: Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903

Discus and support Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the topic suggests, after I upgraded from 1809->1903, I seem to have lost the transparency of the Taskbar as seen in the screenshot below. Or maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903

As the topic suggests, after I upgraded from 1809->1903, I seem to have lost the transparency of the Taskbar as seen in the screenshot below. Or maybe it's still transparent, but just barely. Looked so much better before upgrading to 1903.

I already did some searching and found a couple of tips such as disable/enable Transparency effects under Settings-Personalization-Colors. But to no avail.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro and if of importance, my GPU is a 2080 Ti from MSI running the latest Nvidia drivers.

Thanks for any tips on how to get the nice look of the Taskbar back that was present before upgrading to 1903!

Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903 [​IMG]

:)

WebMaximus, Aug 6, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Taskbar Transparency gone

I just updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 and after updating my taskbar and start menu transparency has been gone did anybody knows why this happens and also is it done by Microsoft or it is a bug or something

Tarandeepsingh_1809, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903

taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903

1. Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903 - Similar Threads - Taskbar isn't transparent

2. Transparent taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent taskbar: Is there anyway I can make my taskbar transparent? If not, is there any third party apps for that?Device name ADSD Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable Device ID 212A554E-E934-48EB-8100-06D9AB72740F Product ID...
  3. Transparent taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent taskbar: Is there anyway I can make my taskbar transparent? If not, is there any third party apps for that?Device name ADSD Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable Device ID 212A554E-E934-48EB-8100-06D9AB72740F Product ID...
  4. No transparent taskbar after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No transparent taskbar after Windows update: I used to have a transparent taskbar before. I got it using Open-Shell. However, the transparency capability seems to no longer work. I think the problem started after I installed a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. It could have been a week ago or a bit more. I read...
  5. No transparent taskbar after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No transparent taskbar after Windows update: I used to have a transparent taskbar before. I got it using Open-Shell. However, the transparency capability seems to no longer work. I think the problem started after I installed a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. It could have been a week ago or a bit more. I read...
  6. taskbar transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar transparency: with transparency effects enabled the taskbar became completely transparent :[ATTACH] [ATTACH] the start menu is still the same though is this a new feature or bug?...
  7. Taskbar go transparent after switching on transparency effect.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar go transparent after switching on transparency effect.: I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature. I have all my theme synced with my MS Account on my old device I have transparency effect off. And for no reason, I want to switch it up. I came across a setting called transparency effect so I turned it on hoping that I can get...
  8. I did something and now taskbar isn't transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I did something and now taskbar isn't transparent: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/msbeaver83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fn3qva/i_did_something_and_now_taskbar_isnt_transparent/
  9. After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar: Hello people. i have ryzen 1800x + MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon actually i'm not sure if its bios problem or win10 new update 1903 problem or amd chipset driver problem ! because i did update these three options (bios 7B00v1JN(Beta version)+ amd chipset driver + win 10 build...
  10. Wrong time in the taskbar after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong time in the taskbar after upgrade to 1903: Hi, [ATTACH]I upgraded my computer to 1903, everything works as it should, but I just don't see it legibly (see strange characters only) time in the main bar, see screen. All attempts to repair failed. (I tried sfc / scannow) I copied the fonts from install.wim,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar transparency windows 10 1903

2. taskbar not transparent after update in windows 10

3. taskbar not transparent anymore

4. taskbar transparency windows 1903,
  5. win 1903 transparent task bar,
  6. my taskbar isnt transparent