Windows 10: Taskbar issue

Discus and support Taskbar issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark Schueler, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Taskbar issue

I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the taskbar. Clicking also does nothing. For now, pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL is enough to fix it, however it would be nice to fix whatever the problem is. As far as I am aware I have not done anything that should have caused this to happen, and I definitely haven't changed any settings.

:)

Mark Schueler, Apr 18, 2024

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

Taskbar issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Taskbar issue

1. Taskbar issue - Similar Threads - Taskbar issue

2. Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue: HI, I have a big problem that came out of nowhere yesterday, I was working on my PC and suddenly I no longer could open photos the app has crashed, then suddenly on my taskbar the START button stopped working, WIFI options, sound and calendar, other apps like calculator also...
  3. Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue: HI, I have a big problem that came out of nowhere yesterday, I was working on my PC and suddenly I no longer could open photos the app has crashed, then suddenly on my taskbar the START button stopped working, WIFI options, sound and calendar, other apps like calculator also...
  4. Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening: I have tried restarting, running sfc and chkdsk, I can't even restart the taskbar through taskmanager nor use "run a new task" because windows runs file explorer instead of the taskbar. Even some hotkeys won't work aswell, the hotkey for taskmanager works except for the...
  6. My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening

My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening: I have tried restarting, running sfc and chkdsk, I can't even restart the taskbar through taskmanager nor use "run a new task" because windows runs file explorer instead of the taskbar. Even some hotkeys won't work aswell, the hotkey for taskmanager works except for the...
  7. Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.: Hi, I am bhaskar sengupta. I am working in a hospital. My organization facing a issue regarding taskbar. Users facing their taskbar freezes repeatedly, sometimes it frozen for 10-15 minutes which effects the businesses hour. As a it person, i tried all the possible way, but...
  8. Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.

Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.: Hi, I am bhaskar sengupta. I am working in a hospital. My organization facing a issue regarding taskbar. Users facing their taskbar freezes repeatedly, sometimes it frozen for 10-15 minutes which effects the businesses hour. As a it person, i tried all the possible way, but...
  9. Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Taskbar & other issue.

Taskbar & other issue.: I recently got a computer last August that runs Windows 11, and all was running splendid until recently. My taskbar will occasionally freeze, but won't say anything like, "Windows Explorer has stopped responding," nor will it white out as if it was if you click or interact...