Windows 10: Taskbar issue

Discus and support Taskbar issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just factory restored my laptop after 10 crashed for some reason and now I cannot keep more than four icons on the taskbar as they move off to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Taskbar issue

I have just factory restored my laptop after 10 crashed for some reason and now I cannot keep more than four icons on the taskbar as they move off to the left when I go to add another.

Anyone know what is wrong with my system as I can find no tutorial to answer the problem I would appreciate any tips please*Smile

:)

ICIT2LOL, Nov 5, 2018

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Taskbar issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar issue

1. Taskbar issue - Similar Threads - Taskbar issue

2. taskbar search issue

in Cortana
    taskbar search issue: my taskbar search is behaving strangely. whenever i try to search in it,it shows a white blank screen.please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-issue/cc56420c-7bb9-4e91-8189-073104fcb9e7"
  3. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10: I installed a New Radeon R7250 Card and Asus GPU Tweak. Everything is properly installed with current drivers and software, and radeon settings have been reset to default many times In a nutshell, I ran the Asus GPU Tweak and selected game mode. it disabled some windows...
  4. "Issue with taskbar icons"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Issue with taskbar icons": On my taskbar, I found out that none of my icons on there are appearing (except for the "File Folder"). I tried going into task manager and resetting "windows exe" (don't remember full name, it looks like a file folder). But it didn't work. I tried to unpin the icons from...
  5. Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...

Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...: I've already tried basically everything I can find on this issue except for the powershell thing. I can't right click the taskbar icon to open it as admin, as it gives no right click menu. I've tried creating new user accounts and doing a whole arrangement of things in CMD...
  6. Frequent taskbar and windows explorer issues - I have to restart explorer.exe every 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent taskbar and windows explorer issues - I have to restart explorer.exe every 30 minutes: Trying to find a fix besides restarting explorer.exe every 15-30 minutes. Problems seem to occur more often when using Remote Desktop app. - My taskbar on my 4k monitor floats almost halfway up the screen and is about half the size of normal. It covers everything else which...
  7. Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10

Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10: Ok, so i have an issue with my windows 10 taskbar. (since 2017). This is the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WksRoicMOQc when i right click on any icon on the windows 10 task bar, then i want to enter his properties so this is happening. My windows 10 got the...
  8. Taskbar Selection Issues

Taskbar Selection Issues: I left on a trip between the 12-15 this month with my computer turned off. Once I returned, after starting up my computer, had to do some Windows updates like normal. However, I've been getting several issues since then. The largest issue involving windows is referring to...
  9. Issues with start, taskbar, and app icons.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with start, taskbar, and app icons.: I don't know when this started exactly, but my pc has been suffering from a few problems. Firstly, when I click (left or right mouse button) on the start menu, cortana, nothing happens. Clicking one of the app icons like edge or store brings up a text window that says class...
  10. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar: I got on my laptop a minute ago to watch a video and I realized that there is a red circle with an "x" next to it but when I try to turn the sound up nothing happens. When I click on the sound icon it says troubleshoot could not detect a problem. What do I do I do to fix my...