Windows 10: Taskbar issue

Discus and support Taskbar issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just factory restored my laptop after 10 crashed for some reason and now I cannot keep more than four icons on the taskbar as they move off to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Taskbar issue

I have just factory restored my laptop after 10 crashed for some reason and now I cannot keep more than four icons on the taskbar as they move off to the left when I go to add another.

Anyone know what is wrong with my system as I can find no tutorial to answer the problem I would appreciate any tips please*Smile

:)

ICIT2LOL, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Taskbar issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar issue

1. Taskbar issue - Similar Threads - Taskbar issue

2. Issues with Taskbar / Action Center / Setting / Alt+Tab / Accessing any storage (with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Taskbar / Action Center / Setting / Alt+Tab / Accessing any storage (with...: I'm sorry that I have to make a post for all the issues combined. I tried several ways mentioned in each similar issue QA, but they did not work. Since the updates of Win10 in early Oct. (around Oct.1-5), I encountered following issue ever since. Though there was 2...
  3. Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor: Hello, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and I started having some issues. It first started with random alt+tabs while playing games ( these would take a second and there was no cmd window popping up, I tried that) but now the taskbar keeps dissapearing...
  4. Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor: Hello, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and I started having some issues. It first started with random alt+tabs while playing games ( these would take a second and there was no cmd window popping up, I tried that) but now the taskbar keeps dissapearing...
  5. taskbar issues

taskbar issues: I've migrated away from a mac environment and now have a windows 10 based HP envy. I am having repeated issues with the task bar not autohiding. I am aware that notifications can stop the taskbar hiding (which then gets in the way of applications I might be using) but I am...
  6. Taskbar Issues

Taskbar Issues: You know the issue where you, for example, put a YouTube video into fullscreen and the taskbar won't go away? Even though I know that the solution to that problem is to go into the Task Manager, select Windows Explorer, and click restart (which works), this has been happening...
  7. Taskbar issues since last update WIndows 10 64bit

Taskbar issues since last update WIndows 10 64bit: I again have an issue where the Taskbar appears at the top of screen on start up. In the settings it is "bottom" is selected but it still starts at top. There was a prior windows update where this occurred and now its at it again since the last update. Anyone got any ideas...
  8. DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar

DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar: My display resolution is 3000px x 2000px, on 200% display scaling, the recommended setting, the system tray appears underneath the task bar, which hides some of the icons. If I lower the display scaling to 150% this issue goes away. Is there any way to resolve this other than...
  9. Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803: Hi, I am on July 16, 2018 update for Windows 10 version 1803. I have a very odd issue since I updated my PC to version 1803. The windows store apps including the settings app, windows store app face the following issue. Note that I do not have any issues with desktop apps....
  10. Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue

Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue: I have a strange issue with white icons on the taskbar. I have a default XML file targeted to each machine for tiles and taskbar. Anything within the users appdata\roaming is not copied back to the to the network, this is to keep profiles down and most profiles are under 2 Mb...