Windows 10: Taskbar issues

Discus and support Taskbar issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can I no longer pin mail app to my taskbar or create a shortcut on my desktop? I can only access mail through windows button, not ideal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GillRoss1, May 18, 2020.

1. GillRoss1 Win User

Taskbar issues

Why can I no longer pin mail app to my taskbar or create a shortcut on my desktop? I can only access mail through windows button, not ideal.

:)

GillRoss1, May 18, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 23, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 23, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Taskbar issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar issues

1. Taskbar issues - Similar Threads - Taskbar issues

2. Issues with taskbar bug/glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with taskbar bug/glitch: Hello, Within the past month, month and a half, a friend helped me build my first PC. Everything I bought was either brand new or maybe a year or so old in terms of when it was released, but regardless, all of the components are fairly new. After we built it, he installed...
  3. Issues with applications and taskbar function

Issues with applications and taskbar function: Hello, so essentially my pc will randomly choose one tab/application I have open and will only let me interact with that, while I can click on icons on the taskbar to switch to them and alt-tab to switch, I am still unable to interact with them. It lets me click on the power...
  4. Windows 10 WiFi and Taskbar Issues

Windows 10 WiFi and Taskbar Issues: Hello, For the past few months, I have noticed that my WiFi periodically disconnects I'd guess about every 10-15 minutes and reconnects within a few seconds. At the same time that the WiFi disconnects, the icons on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen flash briefly. I...
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Issue: I have set my taskbar on Windows to automatically hide. However, whenever an app sends a notification leading to its icon pulsing orange on the taskbar, the taskbar opens. Is there anyway to modify this behaviour via regedit, discord, etc.?...
  6. Taskbar issues

Taskbar issues: I have a Surface Pro 7 with Windows 10 Home. Other than the icons that I have installed, nothing on the taskbar works. The start button, search box, time/date can't be enlarged, notification icon and can't swipe to open notification panel. All had worked in the past but...
  7. Taskbar Issue

Taskbar Issue: Hello, simple one .... My taskbar on HP Pavillion X360 Windows 10 is set to dropdown on fullscreen mode but wont. I can only get it to hide if I open up the windows Box then close it....HELP...
  8. Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?: [ATTACH] First off I have set the taskbar to the left side of my screen. Figure 1. Figure 1. taskbar set to the left 9 out of 10 times, the taskbar tray would have a scaling problem preventing the two rows of icons to be displayed side-by-side like it should be. Let me...
  9. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar: Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the desktop icons will flicker and sometimes the gray box on the icons on the taskbar will stay as they are. These problems go away...
  10. Does anyone know how to fix this issue ? The taskbar does not fully appear on this second...

Does anyone know how to fix this issue ? The taskbar does not fully appear on this second...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MattK3566 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3psma/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this_issue_the/