Windows 10: Taskbar 'issues'

Discus and support Taskbar 'issues' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix. The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayStar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. JayStar Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix.

The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of above it) when you hover over them:

1) Notifications
    2) Task View
    3) Onscreen Keyboard

This means that I can't actually click the buttons without moving the mouse around to get the tooltip to disappear. It causes a slight delay and sometimes a few clicks to activate the button... a bit of a pain, especially for Notifications which I am using a lot.

Anyone else have the same thing? I've assumed its an issue with W10 as opposed to my installation - may be wrong on that.

:)

JayStar, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Joyce J. Win User

Taskbar issue

No changes made, no error messages, no new applications. I am not able to log into Pandora on Chrome. But I was able to get it working on Microsoft Edge. No troubleshooting done.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  3. Joyce J. Win User
    Taskbar issue

I need help getting my desktop to function the same as it did last week. For some reason, the taskbar isn't functioning the same. For example, last week when I had multiple programs open such as Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks (QB), and Word, I could switch
    between them by clicking on the icon for that program in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Now when I click on the icon it tries to open a separate instance of the program.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  4. Temendor Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

This guy had a similar sounding problem(taskbar and menu items not working - Windows 10 Forums), I also posted a possible fix there, Keep me updated on this topic.

Temendor, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar 'issues'

1. Taskbar 'issues' - Similar Threads - Taskbar 'issues'

2. TaskBar icons doesn't load + other issue related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskBar icons doesn't load + other issue related: Hi,As in title, I have problems with Win 11's taskbar. When I turn on my HP Laptop, taskbar is on screen just Windows button or any other isn't. If I press win button on keyboard, nothing. I can open applications that are on desktop only. I am OK with moving laptop to factory...
  3. TaskBar icons doesn't load + other issue related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TaskBar icons doesn't load + other issue related: Hi,As in title, I have problems with Win 11's taskbar. When I turn on my HP Laptop, taskbar is on screen just Windows button or any other isn't. If I press win button on keyboard, nothing. I can open applications that are on desktop only. I am OK with moving laptop to factory...
  4. Taskbar multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar multiple displays issue: Win10 LTSC x64 1809 17763.2565 PC with 3 monitors Once i`ve connected to this PC via RPD from laptop After this taskbar function "Show taskbar buttons in [Taskbar where window is open]" stop working like before. How it was: Monitor 1Monitor 2Monitor 31st display...
  5. Taskbar multiple displays issue

Taskbar multiple displays issue: Win10 LTSC x64 1809 17763.2565 PC with 3 monitors Once i`ve connected to this PC via RPD from laptop After this taskbar function "Show taskbar buttons in [Taskbar where window is open]" stop working like before. How it was: Monitor 1Monitor 2Monitor 31st display...
  6. Taskbar multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar, start and booting issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar, start and booting issues: So recently my laptop won’t let me click on the taskbar or the start button. Sometimes it takes a long while to boot up and when it does it’s as of the laptop is brand new because my wallpaper is back to default and my internet browser history is gone and wiped out. I can’t...
  8. Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues: Hiya, Over the last few weeks, I've been noticing that my taskbar has been constantly not showing up and freezing. I swipe my mouse to the bottom of the screen, and press the Windows key several times before it eventually pops up and pops back down several times all at once....
  9. Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues

Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues: Hiya, Over the last few weeks, I've been noticing that my taskbar has been constantly not showing up and freezing. I swipe my mouse to the bottom of the screen, and press the Windows key several times before it eventually pops up and pops back down several times all at once....
  10. Taskbar Issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Issues in Windows 10: Hi all, I'm kinda running into a brick wall here. I'm part of tech support for a small business, only been at it for about 2 years so not tooooooo experienced yet. Usually google gets me by just fine but this one's turned out to be a doozy. Every time the user restarts their...