Taskbar 'issues'

Discus and support Taskbar 'issues' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix. The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayStar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. JayStar Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix.

The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of above it) when you hover over them:

1) Notifications
    2) Task View
    3) Onscreen Keyboard

This means that I can't actually click the buttons without moving the mouse around to get the tooltip to disappear. It causes a slight delay and sometimes a few clicks to activate the button... a bit of a pain, especially for Notifications which I am using a lot.

Anyone else have the same thing? I've assumed its an issue with W10 as opposed to my installation - may be wrong on that.

:)

JayStar, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Joyce J. Win User

Taskbar issue

No changes made, no error messages, no new applications. I am not able to log into Pandora on Chrome. But I was able to get it working on Microsoft Edge. No troubleshooting done.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  3. Joyce J. Win User
    Taskbar issue

I need help getting my desktop to function the same as it did last week. For some reason, the taskbar isn't functioning the same. For example, last week when I had multiple programs open such as Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks (QB), and Word, I could switch
    between them by clicking on the icon for that program in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Now when I click on the icon it tries to open a separate instance of the program.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  4. Temendor Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

This guy had a similar sounding problem(taskbar and menu items not working - Windows 10 Forums), I also posted a possible fix there, Keep me updated on this topic.

Temendor, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar 'issues'

1. Taskbar 'issues' - Similar Threads - Taskbar 'issues'

2. taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar issues: I've migrated away from a mac environment and now have a windows 10 based HP envy. I am having repeated issues with the task bar not autohiding. I am aware that notifications can stop the taskbar hiding (which then gets in the way of applications I might be using) but I am...
  3. Taskbar Issues

Taskbar Issues: You know the issue where you, for example, put a YouTube video into fullscreen and the taskbar won't go away? Even though I know that the solution to that problem is to go into the Task Manager, select Windows Explorer, and click restart (which works), this has been happening...
  4. Taskbar issues since last update WIndows 10 64bit

Taskbar issues since last update WIndows 10 64bit: I again have an issue where the Taskbar appears at the top of screen on start up. In the settings it is "bottom" is selected but it still starts at top. There was a prior windows update where this occurred and now its at it again since the last update. Anyone got any ideas...
  5. DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar

DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar: My display resolution is 3000px x 2000px, on 200% display scaling, the recommended setting, the system tray appears underneath the task bar, which hides some of the icons. If I lower the display scaling to 150% this issue goes away. Is there any way to resolve this other than...
  6. Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803: Hi, I am on July 16, 2018 update for Windows 10 version 1803. I have a very odd issue since I updated my PC to version 1803. The windows store apps including the settings app, windows store app face the following issue. Note that I do not have any issues with desktop apps....
  7. Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue

Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue: I have a strange issue with white icons on the taskbar. I have a default XML file targeted to each machine for tiles and taskbar. Anything within the users appdata\roaming is not copied back to the to the network, this is to keep profiles down and most profiles are under 2 Mb...
  8. bottom taskbar issue help needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    bottom taskbar issue help needed: It seems my reply did not go through. I solved ti by removing and then adding back my toolbars. Many thanks for the help anyway.
  9. Dam you microsoft/taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Dam you microsoft/taskbar issues: I am really at the end of my tether now. 2 months ago after the creators update, my taskbar wouldnt work and now its all gone wrong. The taskbar now wont open at all and its making so god dam mad!!! What are microsoft doing about this? I have tried every god dam tip on...
  10. Taskbar issue (may be display related)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar issue (may be display related): I have an issue with my taskbar. (win 10pro 64bit) When you click on the browser icon in the taskbar it opens up a submenu with each individual browser window shown. Once you get more than 21 you get scroll arrows at top and bottom of column. My problem is that at the top...