Windows 10: Taskbar 'issues'

Discus and support Taskbar 'issues' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix. The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayStar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. JayStar Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix.

The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of above it) when you hover over them:

1) Notifications
    2) Task View
    3) Onscreen Keyboard

This means that I can't actually click the buttons without moving the mouse around to get the tooltip to disappear. It causes a slight delay and sometimes a few clicks to activate the button... a bit of a pain, especially for Notifications which I am using a lot.

Anyone else have the same thing? I've assumed its an issue with W10 as opposed to my installation - may be wrong on that.

:)

JayStar, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Joyce J. Win User

Taskbar issue

No changes made, no error messages, no new applications. I am not able to log into Pandora on Chrome. But I was able to get it working on Microsoft Edge. No troubleshooting done.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  3. Joyce J. Win User
    Taskbar issue

I need help getting my desktop to function the same as it did last week. For some reason, the taskbar isn't functioning the same. For example, last week when I had multiple programs open such as Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks (QB), and Word, I could switch
    between them by clicking on the icon for that program in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Now when I click on the icon it tries to open a separate instance of the program.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  4. Temendor Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

This guy had a similar sounding problem(taskbar and menu items not working - Windows 10 Forums), I also posted a possible fix there, Keep me updated on this topic.

Temendor, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar 'issues'

1. Taskbar 'issues' - Similar Threads - Taskbar 'issues'

2. Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue: HI, I have a big problem that came out of nowhere yesterday, I was working on my PC and suddenly I no longer could open photos the app has crashed, then suddenly on my taskbar the START button stopped working, WIFI options, sound and calendar, other apps like calculator also...
  3. Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue: HI, I have a big problem that came out of nowhere yesterday, I was working on my PC and suddenly I no longer could open photos the app has crashed, then suddenly on my taskbar the START button stopped working, WIFI options, sound and calendar, other apps like calculator also...
  4. Microsoft store, apps issues, taskbar issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening: I have tried restarting, running sfc and chkdsk, I can't even restart the taskbar through taskmanager nor use "run a new task" because windows runs file explorer instead of the taskbar. Even some hotkeys won't work aswell, the hotkey for taskmanager works except for the...
  6. My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening

My taskbar won't work, and I have several other issues happening: I have tried restarting, running sfc and chkdsk, I can't even restart the taskbar through taskmanager nor use "run a new task" because windows runs file explorer instead of the taskbar. Even some hotkeys won't work aswell, the hotkey for taskmanager works except for the...
  7. Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.: Hi, I am bhaskar sengupta. I am working in a hospital. My organization facing a issue regarding taskbar. Users facing their taskbar freezes repeatedly, sometimes it frozen for 10-15 minutes which effects the businesses hour. As a it person, i tried all the possible way, but...
  8. Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.

Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.: Hi, I am bhaskar sengupta. I am working in a hospital. My organization facing a issue regarding taskbar. Users facing their taskbar freezes repeatedly, sometimes it frozen for 10-15 minutes which effects the businesses hour. As a it person, i tried all the possible way, but...
  9. Windows 10, taskbar frozen issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Taskbar & other issue.

Taskbar & other issue.: I recently got a computer last August that runs Windows 11, and all was running splendid until recently. My taskbar will occasionally freeze, but won't say anything like, "Windows Explorer has stopped responding," nor will it white out as if it was if you click or interact...