Windows 10: Taskbar 'issues'

Discus and support Taskbar 'issues' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix. The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayStar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. JayStar Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix.

The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of above it) when you hover over them:

1) Notifications
    2) Task View
    3) Onscreen Keyboard

This means that I can't actually click the buttons without moving the mouse around to get the tooltip to disappear. It causes a slight delay and sometimes a few clicks to activate the button... a bit of a pain, especially for Notifications which I am using a lot.

Anyone else have the same thing? I've assumed its an issue with W10 as opposed to my installation - may be wrong on that.

:)

JayStar, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Joyce J. Win User

Taskbar issue

No changes made, no error messages, no new applications. I am not able to log into Pandora on Chrome. But I was able to get it working on Microsoft Edge. No troubleshooting done.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  3. Joyce J. Win User
    Taskbar issue

I need help getting my desktop to function the same as it did last week. For some reason, the taskbar isn't functioning the same. For example, last week when I had multiple programs open such as Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks (QB), and Word, I could switch
    between them by clicking on the icon for that program in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Now when I click on the icon it tries to open a separate instance of the program.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  4. Temendor Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

This guy had a similar sounding problem(taskbar and menu items not working - Windows 10 Forums), I also posted a possible fix there, Keep me updated on this topic.

Temendor, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar 'issues'

1. Taskbar 'issues' - Similar Threads - Taskbar 'issues'

2. Taskbar Font Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Font Issue: I changed the System Wide Font to Antigua and now my taskbar clock font is almost non- readable. Any ideas on a fix for this? Thanks [img] 175064
  3. Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?: I feel like the starting menu does not suit. When I had these issues, it was the transition from 1909 to the 2004/20h2 upgrade. When I disabled the Cortana in the Reg Editor, the issue went away. Since it wasn't just the start menu, it wouldn't open the calendar often and I...
  4. Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu: I built a new pc, everything was fine but then my new keyboard (cynosa v.2) stopped responding, got it replaced and now I can't right click on any of the apps on the taskbar but can still open up task manager when right clicking the open space on the taskbar. I cant open up...
  5. I’m having an issue with my taskbar not working when I drag my cursor over it and tried to...

I’m having an issue with my taskbar not working when I drag my cursor over it and tried to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RoyalDuckyBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3qatg/im_having_an_issue_with_my_taskbar_not_working/
  6. Having issues with my taskbar not responding, as well as all pre-loaded applications not...

Having issues with my taskbar not responding, as well as all pre-loaded applications not...: Windows 10 Taskbar not responding and all pre-downloaded apps not opening My laptop recommended me refreshing the computer, which I did to no success. I also tried to do a full restore of my computer which also does not seem to be working. I also tried to changed change...
  7. Issues with background & Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with background & Taskbar: Hello, Since I updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have some really annoying issues with my Taskbar, search- and startbutton from Windows and backgrounds. The issues occur after my PC have been on for several hours. All the issues are all arising at the same time:...
  8. Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10: Hey, all. Is there a way to keep taskbar windows/icons stacked but not have to right click to open a new window? I have looked and not found anything for while. I dislike having multiple windows of file explorer open and then going to open a new window but the already...
  9. Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar

Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IceHawx55 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kj2c65/microsoft_edge_also_steam_having_this_issue_of/
  10. Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User: Hi, Two of our family are using a same workstation. If one of them are logged in and we try change user, the Task Bar doesn't come up after new user login. If we use Task Manager to logoff the inactive user, tha Task Bar come up immediately. Could you help me on this...