Taskbar 'issues'

Discus and support Taskbar 'issues' in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix. The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayStar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. JayStar Win User

I have noticed a slight issue with the taskbar which I hope microsoft will fix.

The following 3 icons display a tooltip over the button (instead of above it) when you hover over them:

1) Notifications
    2) Task View
    3) Onscreen Keyboard

This means that I can't actually click the buttons without moving the mouse around to get the tooltip to disappear. It causes a slight delay and sometimes a few clicks to activate the button... a bit of a pain, especially for Notifications which I am using a lot.

Anyone else have the same thing? I've assumed its an issue with W10 as opposed to my installation - may be wrong on that.

:)

JayStar, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Joyce J. Win User

Taskbar issue

No changes made, no error messages, no new applications. I am not able to log into Pandora on Chrome. But I was able to get it working on Microsoft Edge. No troubleshooting done.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  3. Joyce J. Win User
    Taskbar issue

I need help getting my desktop to function the same as it did last week. For some reason, the taskbar isn't functioning the same. For example, last week when I had multiple programs open such as Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks (QB), and Word, I could switch
    between them by clicking on the icon for that program in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Now when I click on the icon it tries to open a separate instance of the program.

Joyce J., Aug 1, 2015
  4. Temendor Win User

Taskbar 'issues'

This guy had a similar sounding problem(taskbar and menu items not working - Windows 10 Forums), I also posted a possible fix there, Keep me updated on this topic.

Temendor, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar 'issues'

Taskbar 'issues' - Similar Threads - Taskbar 'issues'

1. Taskbar notification area issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar notification area issue: I have 2 monitors and one of them is often in full screen mode (movie/game/program) so needless to say it's not possible to quickly access the applications on the taskbar's system tray. Although I have forced windows to show the task bar on every monitor, only one monitor...
  2. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...
  3. Issue with selecting programs from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with selecting programs from taskbar: Hi Everyone, Honestly, this is driving me nuts, never seen this issue before. When I have multiple programs running on my computer (Word, Excel, Chrome, and Microsoft Mail (I know Yucky, but Outlook doesn't work with my work's email servers yet...)) the computer will...
  4. bottom taskbar issue help needed

in Windows 10 Support
    bottom taskbar issue help needed: It seems my reply did not go through. I solved ti by removing and then adding back my toolbars. Many thanks for the help anyway.
  5. Dam you microsoft/taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Dam you microsoft/taskbar issues: I am really at the end of my tether now. 2 months ago after the creators update, my taskbar wouldnt work and now its all gone wrong. The taskbar now wont open at all and its making so god dam mad!!! What are microsoft doing about this? I have tried every god dam tip on...
  6. Multiple issues with taskbar and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple issues with taskbar and start button: So I've recently been having some issues with my computer. Many of the buttons on my task-bar won't work (calculator, search button, auto-clicker among others), I can't right-click anything on it, neither the Action Center nor the calendar will open, and when I click the...
  7. Taskbar issue (may be display related)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar issue (may be display related): I have an issue with my taskbar. (win 10pro 64bit) When you click on the browser icon in the taskbar it opens up a submenu with each individual browser window shown. Once you get more than 21 you get scroll arrows at top and bottom of column. My problem is that at the top...
Taskbar 'issues' solved