Windows 10: Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers

Discus and support Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having the same issue as thousands of other windows users from what I have read. Computer 1 - taskbar is set to display at the bottom of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tomace P, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Tomace P Win User

Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers

I am having the same issue as thousands of other windows users from what I have read.

Computer 1 - taskbar is set to display at the bottom of the screen.

After a certain amount of time (or reboots) it gets moved to the side, even though it is locked.

Computer 2 - set to display the task bar on the side and it gets relocated to the bottom in what appears to be the same sequence as the other computer.

This has been going on for over a year and a half with no answer.

computers are up to date with all patches, and security updates.

Can anyone assist?

version 1809

build17763.316

:)

Tomace P, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2019
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR
    on the Bottom of my screen and I have it supposedly LOCKED in place but it keeps moving in place, on and off of the screen which is very annoying and I am unable to keep it locked in place!!! Is there anything that I can do to LOCK it in place where it does
    not move?

AllenBeck1, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers

1. Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers - Similar Threads - Taskbar keeps moving

2. Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.: I've been recently getting this issue with my computer when I start it. My apps can be opened but it just looks like a minor bug going on with my taskbar where I can't drag the apps left and right and some windows don't appear in front of other windows when clicked on. The...
  3. Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.: I've been recently getting this issue with my computer when I start it. My apps can be opened but it just looks like a minor bug going on with my taskbar where I can't drag the apps left and right and some windows don't appear in front of other windows when clicked on. The...
  4. Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked.

Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked.: Been having an issue with Windows 10 ever since I swapped from an AMD graphics card to NVidia. I have Windows 10. And throughout past 3 versions Currently at 2004 my task/start bar keeps moving back to my primary screen either at reboot, or post/during gaming. Using both Dual...
  6. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  7. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked: I have windows 10[ATTACH] It is up to date Everything is ok except one annoying thing. Same as in the question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-keeps-moving-taskbar-even-if-locked/33109f86-7e5b-4bd2-b871-1d4580900090 The...
  8. Locked taskbar moves back to primary monitor

Locked taskbar moves back to primary monitor: As the subject says, I have my taskbar locked on my secondary monitor, however, about 7 out of every 10 times I reboot my PC, the taskbar moves back to my primary monitor, and still remains locked. I had this same set up and had no problems with it before, but it has popped...
  9. AutoPlay Security Concerns when Computer is even Locked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AutoPlay Security Concerns when Computer is even Locked?: With Windows 10, I dont know if this security issue is present or not by sticking in a CD/DVD or USB flash stick into a computer and malicius code can execute infecting the system. My question is, was this the thing of the past with older Windows versions before Windows...
  10. Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked: This is strange; it occurred shortly after the last update, but not immediately after it, so I don't know it that's related or not. Also I am kind of shooting in the dark as to where best to post this, so please forgive it this is not the right place. My Taskbar is two...