Windows 10: Taskbar keeps popping up when I try and play games through Microsoft store

Discus and support Taskbar keeps popping up when I try and play games through Microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I decided to try out the game pass stuff they had announced this weekend at E3. It's great so far but the one thing that continues to bug me is that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ChicFungus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Taskbar keeps popping up when I try and play games through Microsoft store

So I decided to try out the game pass stuff they had announced this weekend at E3. It's great so far but the one thing that continues to bug me is that whenever I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar pops up. Its really starting to bug me and its sometimes tabs me out. I've tried a few things to fix it like task manger killing explorer but that didnt fix anything. I've never had this problem with any other platform ( i.e. Steam, Origins, etc.) Any suggestions?

:)

ChicFungus, Jun 12, 2019

2. Title bar appearing while playing a Microsoft Store game

Hi,

There are a lot of potential reasons why taskbar or title bar keeps on appearing while playing game. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Taskbar keeps popping up when I try and play games through Microsoft store

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar keeps popping up when I try and play games through Microsoft store

1. Taskbar keeps popping up when I try and play games through Microsoft store - Similar Threads - Taskbar keeps popping

2. Pop up when in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up when in game: I have tried and searched but have been unable to find a fix to this problem. When my child who is connected to Microsoft family safety is in their game, it will kick them out starting when they have 30 minutes remaining. Please advise as to how to turn this notification/pop...
  3. How to play and install a game when error 1603 keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to play and install a game when error 1603 keeps popping up: Good day I have been trying to run and install Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 on my laptop but error 1603 keeps showing up. I don't know what to do and how to fix it please assist because I don't even understand the information or steps to follow to Fix that problem...
  4. How to play and install a game when error 1603 keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to play and install a game when error 1603 keeps popping up: Good day I have been trying to run and install Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 on my laptop but error 1603 keeps showing up. I don't know what to do and how to fix it please assist because I don't even understand the information or steps to follow to Fix that problem...
  5. Troubleshooter keeps popping up when playing music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooter keeps popping up when playing music: This happens when I listen to music using the Windows Music Player and the player scans these songs from the file library. It came up every 10 minutes after I canceled the troubleshooter, and I keep canceling it. If I scan the troubleshooter, it removes album images from the...
  6. Trying to hide the taskbar when playing games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to hide the taskbar when playing games.: So I was trying to play among us on my laptop because I was able to play it before and it was running fine. This time when I went to play the taskbar was still there so I tried to get rid of it by right clicking the task bar then going to task bar settings. The taskbar...
  7. Microsoft Store pop up when downloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store pop up when downloading: So everytime I download something from my browser there'a a pop up window from the Microsoft Store asks me if I want to donload this beuase it's not from the store. That was annoying but ok. In the last few days the pop up also appears when I want to download something but it...
  8. Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode: Tried using MS Store apps but have repeatedly ran into this issue which severely destroys any semblance of enjoyment; When using a Windows Store UWP Game, if my mouse hits the taskbar area, the taskbar pops up and locks my inputs (as it thinks I want to click on my taskbar,...
  9. Taskbar popping up in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar popping up in games: This is difficult to explain but when I play any windows store game open, my taskbar pops up when my mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen. Hiding the taskbar doesn't work. Restarting windows explorer doesn't work. Games like Forza Horizon 4 and Halo Wars 2 have this...
  10. Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games: Bought GEars 4 started to play. Everything suits, but the game often turns out that the top / bottom panel crawls out, which leads to inconvenience, as well as a spontaneous pause in the game every 30 seconds … It is clear that the work of WIN10 applications works this way,...