Windows 10: Taskbar live preview not working if window is minimized

Discus and support Taskbar live preview not working if window is minimized in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This was happening for me for a while and im not able to make it work again Sometimes it happens like in the video or sometimes it appears a black box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sirj95, Nov 5, 2020.

1. /u/sirj95 Win User

Taskbar live preview not working if window is minimized

/u/sirj95, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Flaxz Win User

Taskbar thumbnails "live" preview not working Windows 10

I recently restored my laptop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a live picture of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the
    thumbnail of that application, the thumbnail preview was showing the "live" picture and not a still photo. For example, if a video was playing on a browser then when the browser was not minimized and my mouse was on the thumbnail preview. In the preview, the
    video would also be playing but if the application was minimized then the preview would be a still photo.

Flaxz, Nov 5, 2020
  3. mod2max Win User
    Cannot disable Taskbar live preview in 7!

Hi all,

Recently tried out Windows 7 and decided to run it on my other HDD insted of VMware.

I'm trying to disable the taskbar live preview, and I've tried everything I can find:

> Creating a DWORD reg file named "DisablePreviewWindow" value 1 - Didn't work.

> Creating a DWORD reg file named "TaskbarNoPreview" value 1 - Didn't work.

> Local group policy editer "Turn off taskbar thumbnails" and check enable - Didn't work and noticed that it says "Supported on: Windows Vista Only"...

Can anyone tell me if they know how to turn this off it's really really annoying, and more annoying that everything I've tried dosn't work...

Cheers to anyone that can help *Smile Taskbar live preview not working if window is minimized :)

mod2max, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Taskbar live preview not working if window is minimized

taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered
    over the thumbnail of that application, the thumbnail preview was showing the "live" picture and not a still photo. For example, if a video was playing on a browser then when the browser was not minimized and my mouse was on the thumbnail preview. In the preview,
    the video would also be playing but if the application was minimized then the preview would be a still photo

THERE ARE MANY QUESTIONS OUT THERE HASN'T BEEN PROPERLY ANSWERED AND SOLVED

junghwanahn1, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar live preview not working if window is minimized

1. Taskbar live preview not working if window is minimized - Similar Threads - Taskbar live preview

2. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  3. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar preview not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar preview not working: Up til now i've found the taskbar preview/peek a very useful tool for if I temporarily leave an app however recently it stopped displaying what was in each window and just the name of the window instead. I did enable taskbar peek which would only temporarily fix the issue...
  6. Taskbar preview not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar preview not working: Up til now i've found the taskbar preview/peek a very useful tool for if I temporarily leave an app however recently it stopped displaying what was in each window and just the name of the window instead. I did enable taskbar peek which would only temporarily fix the issue...
  7. Taskbar preview not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the...
  9. Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 When you hover over the taskbar icon of an opened item (ex: Google Chrome), it will show you a thumbnail preview of its opened...
  10. Taskbar Live Preview Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Live Preview Stopped Working: I am at wits end, and am loathing the option to reset windows, but I don't know what else to do. The windows taskbar works perfectly, except for the missing window previews when I hover over the icon of an open program. All other aero features work perfectly. When I hover...