Windows 10: taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

Discus and support taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by junghwanahn1, Jan 15, 2019.

1. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail of that application, the thumbnail preview was showing the "live" picture and not a still photo. For example, if a video was playing on a browser then when the browser was not minimized and my mouse was on the thumbnail preview. In the preview, the video would also be playing but if the application was minimized then the preview would be a still photo

THERE ARE MANY QUESTIONS OUT THERE HASN'T BEEN PROPERLY ANSWERED AND SOLVED

:)

junghwanahn1, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Flaxz Win User

Taskbar thumbnails "live" preview not working Windows 10

I recently restored my laptop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a live picture of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the
    thumbnail of that application, the thumbnail preview was showing the "live" picture and not a still photo. For example, if a video was playing on a browser then when the browser was not minimized and my mouse was on the thumbnail preview. In the preview, the
    video would also be playing but if the application was minimized then the preview would be a still photo.

Flaxz, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail live preview

How do I get my full screen preview when I hover over a taskbar thumbnail. It was working yesterday and I know of no reason why it stopped. I have the live thumbnail, but want the full screen preview of the thumbnail without having to click on the thumbnail.

Hope this makes sense and that someone can help.

Thanks

DerekCherry, Jan 15, 2019
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

1. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing - Similar Threads - taskbar live thumbnail

2. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  3. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  5. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  7. Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview: Hello, I am having trouble of figuring out why every video I play on a separate window, the thumbnail preview on the taskbar shows a blank/frozen up loading screen? I restarted the computer a few times, nothing worked....
  8. taskbar thumbnail preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  9. Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 When you hover over the taskbar icon of an opened item (ex: Google Chrome), it will show you a thumbnail preview of its opened...
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar thumbnails not live