Windows 10: Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.

Discus and support Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, the most annoying thing, even more annoying then BSOD's once every other day, is the fact that my Taskbar doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ekztal, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ekztal Win User

Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, the most annoying thing, even more annoying then BSOD's once every other day, is the fact that my Taskbar doesn't stay where I place it.

I have dual monitors and have always placed the taskbar on the right side of the secondary display. Whenever I sign back in after being idle the taskbar will move to the other monitor, which means I have to unlock, move, resize and relock it EVERYTIME I unlock the computer.

I figure I'd wait for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, which has helped a lot with the crashes, I haven't had one in a week.

But still my taskbar is always in the wrong spot.

:)

ekztal, Aug 19, 2016

2. After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

I have the exact same problem, running on three monitors.

The taskbar on the primary is fine, the others are transparent. I've also seen the primary monitor taskbar be transparent.

I don't think it's related to settings, it's just a bug, possibly related to DPI scaling on multi-monitor setups.

I installed Creators Update manually because of the scaling improvements, everything is fine except for this, hope it will be fixed soon.

Stian Lund, Aug 19, 2016
  3. Taskbar auto hide not working on 3 out of my 4 monitors

hi,

here my setup :

- 4 monitors

- taskbar is auto hiding only on the main display

- Lock Taskbar is unchecked

- Auto-Hide is checked

- taskbar location : bottom

- taskbar button : never combine

- show taskbar on all display is selected

as well I can only change the height of it on the main display

explanations?

MaitreMaster, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.

1. Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup. - Similar Threads - Taskbar location saving

2. Multi monitor setup mouse problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi monitor setup mouse problem: Hi !I have setup of 4 monitors connected to 1 PC with Windows 11.Setup is 2x2 2 monitors top row and 2 monitors botom row.Problem is that when I move my mouse pointer from right bottom monitor to top right monitor it show up on left top monitor ... and i do not have a clue...
  3. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  4. Activating HDR on multi-monitor setup breaks taskbar previews

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Activating HDR on multi-monitor setup breaks taskbar previews: Hi, I have a multi-monitor setup, one of them is HDR compatible, however when its activated the taskbar app previews on mouse hover are black squares, but only for windows that are displayed on non-HDR monitors, the previews for windows displayed on the HDR monitor are fine...
  5. Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop: Hello, I want to connect my Lenovo laptop to TWO Dell monitors, so that will be 3 screens in total including the laptops screen. However I only need the laptop to act as a PC, I don't need its screen. As my Lenovo laptop only has a single HDMI output I purchased a Techole...
  6. Taskbar icons on Multi-monitor setup never seem to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons on Multi-monitor setup never seem to work: I'm using 1 LG monitor and 1 Epson projector and I want the same taskbar icons on both monitors. The Taskbar Settings: 'Show taskbar on all displays" is set to 'On' 'Show taskbar buttons on' is set to 'All taskbars' 'Combine buttons on other taskbars' is set to 'Always,...
  7. Multi Monitor Taskbar query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi Monitor Taskbar query: Hi all, when you have multiple monitors and the taskbar set to display on all of them, is there any way to configure it so when you click an item on the taskbar (either a pinned or open app) that it opens the window on the corresponding monitor to the taskbar you used, rather...
  8. Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup: Hi, I have a somewhat complex question. I am trying to force Nvidia GameStream (lets call it "GS" from now on) to start on my secondary monitor. I've read on the Nvidia forum that it can't be done, and have tried to tinker with it myself. No luck so far. I will try to note...
  9. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480