Windows 10: taskbar lock inoperable

Discus and support taskbar lock inoperable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the lock the taskbar checked. However, without my doing anything, the taskbar will double or triple in height. I need to unlock the taskbar to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Computeacher, Sep 9, 2020.

1. taskbar lock inoperable

I have the lock the taskbar checked. However, without my doing anything, the taskbar will double or triple in height. I need to unlock the taskbar to reduce it's height, then I lock it again. This has been happening for a couple of weeks. The taskbar is at the bottom of my screen.

Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

Computeacher, Sep 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 9, 2020
  3. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

taskbar lock inoperable

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Suggest you try simply dragging the taskbar with e.g. that command as a first step.

Then (and I don't know quite how you'd make use of it):

Unlocking taskbar: see Option 3 for useful info:
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

taskbar lock inoperable

1. taskbar lock inoperable - Similar Threads - taskbar lock inoperable

2. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  3. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  4. update, the printer is inoperable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update, the printer is inoperable: Dear Readers!I found an article that after the June 15, 2020 win 10 update, some printers don’t print, unfortunately my printer doesn’t print either. With a USB connection, though, it was still operating normally in early 2020.How can an purchased device / driver become...
  5. Microsoft Office is inoperable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office is inoperable: Completed August update. Now most programs and files report. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item, C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsMicrosoft.Office.Desktop.Word_16051.13209.20308.0x86. I am...
  6. Bluetooth inoperable after update

Bluetooth inoperable after update: An update ran this morning and disabled my bluetooth. I found it in the hidden devices of the device manager, but it says I have to reconnect the hardware....
  7. Lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock the taskbar?: In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue, though there are lots of instructions how to do it. What is it? 118959
  8. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...
  9. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...
  10. Lock taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock taskbar: is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502