Windows 10: Taskbar locked icons?

Discus and support Taskbar locked icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It may be a dumb question, or maybe I'm the only one who wants this, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is there a way for icons on the taskbar to remain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OGD15, Mar 25, 2021.

1. /u/OGD15 Win User

Taskbar locked icons?

It may be a dumb question, or maybe I'm the only one who wants this, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Is there a way for icons on the taskbar to remain locked on the left side, while when I open an app, the window opens on the right side of the taskbar instead of where the icon is?

Because when I open a software, it pushes the next icons further right to allow room for the window, and when I have several software opened, it becomes a mess of icons and windows.

I did a quick search, and I can't find a solution to this, maybe I didn't type the right search words, or maybe no one else but me wants this. But it's been bugging me forever and I wish there was a fix for it.

submitted by /u/OGD15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OGD15, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Taskbar locked icons?

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar locked icons?

1. Taskbar locked icons? - Similar Threads - Taskbar locked icons

2. What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?: I've just changed from Windows 10 after resisting it for some time to Windows 11. Where are the quick and easy ways to make the taskbar icons smaller and to lock/unlock taskbar? Improvements are suppose to be just that, not make things harder. I just want to fit the day of...
  3. What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?: I've just changed from Windows 10 after resisting it for some time to Windows 11. Where are the quick and easy ways to make the taskbar icons smaller and to lock/unlock taskbar? Improvements are suppose to be just that, not make things harder. I just want to fit the day of...
  4. How to lock the taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock the taskbar icons?: How can I lock the taskbar pinned icons shortcuts to programs so that they have their own fixed zone and you can't move opened programs icons into them? Something like that was in Win 7 by default. And I don't mean Lock the taskbar option....
  5. How to lock the taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock the taskbar icons?: How can I lock the taskbar pinned icons shortcuts to programs so that they have their own fixed zone and you can't move opened programs icons into them? Something like that was in Win 7 by default. And I don't mean Lock the taskbar option....
  6. How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar: On a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10 Pro. I want to lock the order of the taskbar icons so that they cannot be rearranged. The 'Lock Taskbar' option does not do this and only prevents the icons from being removed. Any ideas?...
  7. taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar icons: How do I make the icons on the taskbar LARGE in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/49d66daa-547e-4bc8-b41d-6b6469340fe5
  8. Lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock the taskbar?: In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue, though there are lots of instructions how to do it. What is it? 118959
  9. Lock taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock taskbar: is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502
  10. Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon: How do I get rid of this? [img] 77636