Windows 10: taskbar locking in front of full screen game

Discus and support taskbar locking in front of full screen game in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, this issue seems to keep happening... I have my taskbar settings set to: lock the taskbar off automatically hide in desktop/tablet on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielCarter3, Mar 11, 2020.

1. taskbar locking in front of full screen game

hi,

this issue seems to keep happening...

I have my taskbar settings set to:

lock the taskbar off

automatically hide in desktop/tablet on

however while I am playing a full screen game, if I use the alt + tab function to quickly check something when I return to the game the taskbar is locked in position which overlaps vital information in the game....

I have tried to move the taskbar location to elsewhere on my screen but no location is suitable.

my only way of resolving this so far is to do a reset on pc

any info would be welcome,

Thanks,

Dan

:)

DanielCarter3, Mar 11, 2020

2. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

taskbar locking in front of full screen game

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

taskbar locking in front of full screen game

1. taskbar locking in front of full screen game - Similar Threads - taskbar locking front

2. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  3. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  4. Taskbar not visible in front of any application when opened in full screen in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not visible in front of any application when opened in full screen in windows 11: When programs are minimized, the taskbar shows up when I reach the bottom of my screen. When the program windows are maximized, the taskbar won't show up. Even when the program window is not in full screen, the taskbar will show but it is behind the window until I click on...
  5. Taskbar not visible in front of any application when opened in full screen in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not visible in front of any application when opened in full screen in windows 11: When programs are minimized, the taskbar shows up when I reach the bottom of my screen. When the program windows are maximized, the taskbar won't show up. Even when the program window is not in full screen, the taskbar will show but it is behind the window until I click on...
  6. Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps and full screen game interference: When playing Full Screen games if I click down at the bottom of the screen where my task bar would be positioned it ignores my game and clicks on the icon on the task bar even though the taskbar is NOT visible on the screen....
  7. Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos: Hey everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me. My taskbar keeps popping up when i try to do something full screen for example i play fifa and it forces the game to go on pause suddenly and taskbar comes visible on screen same happens with videos from hbo, netflix...
  8. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  9. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  10. Lock Screen not full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen not full screen: I searched around and couldn't find anyone else with this issue. When my computer wakes the lock screen image only fills 2/3 (roughly) of the screen, like it's working at a lower resolution. The windows background fills the whole display (4k). When I log back in all my...