Windows 10: Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!

Discus and support Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 OS Build 18362.720 Everyday, without fail, my Taskbar locks itself. I right click on the taskbar and see that "Lock the taskbar" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VillageIdiot, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!

Windows 10 OS Build 18362.720

Everyday, without fail, my Taskbar locks itself. I right click on the taskbar and see that "Lock the taskbar" is UNchecked. I go into "Taskbar settings" and they are as in the attachment.

The only way to get it to auto-hide is to restart the PC. Every day. At least once.

What can I do to stop this?

Thank you.

:)

VillageIdiot, Mar 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 28, 2020
  3. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!

How do I add the "day of the week" to my side mounted taskbar?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar".
    • Increase the thickness of the taskbar by dragging it to the right hand side.
    • You will be able to see the day now.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!

1. Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day! - Similar Threads - Taskbar locks itself

2. SSD set to Retrim every month, but been Retrimming itself every day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD set to Retrim every month, but been Retrimming itself every day.: submitted by /u/Codeboy3423 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m23ugf/ssd_set_to_retrim_every_month_but_been_retrimming/
  3. Crashes every day,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes every day,: Why are we having crashes everyday, and at anytime of the day, This problem is beyond a joke, I'm not laughing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crashes-every-day/d4529fa5-387e-478a-bea5-d4044b7be9e0
  4. BSOD Every Day

BSOD Every Day: I've been getting blue screen of death errors every day for months and it has only gotten worse. I am at the point where I'm getting blue screens at least 10-20 times a day. It is never the same error twice in a row but here are the usual suspects: CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED...
  5. BSOD Every Day

BSOD Every Day: Hello, I am getting daily BSODs and computer freezes. Attached is my V2 Collector Log. I am using Windows 10. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you for your help! 161097
  6. Windows 10 taskbar moving itself while locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar moving itself while locked: I have a pc and a Surface Pro 6 both running W10 64 bit. Both usually have moved the taskbar from my chosen position every day, after sleep, de-hibernation or restart. Each time I have to unlock, repositon, and re-lock it. If it was just one of these devices I might suspect...
  7. Primary mouse button changes itself every day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Primary mouse button changes itself every day: I have two fairly new Dell Inspiron desktop computers running Windows 10. A few months ago, the primary mouse button started changing itself from left click to right click, on both desktop computers. This happens every single day and every single day I have to change the...
  8. Connection going down every few days then usually resurrects itself.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection going down every few days then usually resurrects itself.: it is really weird. I am on windows 10 and every now and again my internet goes down for up to several hours and i have tried knocking the computer off and rebooting and also tried resetting the wifi but without any success. When i do a troubleshoot it comes up with both...
  9. MAIL APP. STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MAIL APP. STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!: PLEASE BRING BACK WINDOWS LIVE MAIL !!!!!!!!!!! CAN NOT FIND ANY AS GOOD AS !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-stinks/b9446a71-67a3-4ccf-ac21-fdbd59f228c0
  10. Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m.: Hello, they are almost two months I'm stumbling with this issue. I've searched and tried all possible solutions - or at least I think I did. This is my last resort. Last stuff I tried, were the suggestions made HERE A note about that complex command on PowerShell, it...