Windows 10: Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

Discus and support Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On the taskbar, the mail Icon is not showing the total number count of new emails. It is not syncing automatically email. Please resolve it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 4285 SakshamSingh viib, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

On the taskbar, the mail Icon is not showing the total number count of new emails. It is not syncing automatically email. Please resolve it.

:)

4285 SakshamSingh viib, Sep 29, 2020

2. Taskbar Mail icon continues to show unread mail count after emails are read

The mail icon in the task bar continues to show unread mail when none present. I have my Hotmail and 2 other personal email accounts in Windows 10 mail app. Sometimes the unread count (number in a circle over the bottom right portion of the mail icon)
    does not clear. After reading unread emails (from the 3 accounts), the unread count over the icon remains. No unread emails are present in Mail. I log into each account via the respective web portal or via Outlook 2016 (for my Hotmail acct) and no unread
    mail is present. The number will remain even into starting Windows 10 the next day, not changing value even though new mail has been received, read and or deleted via other email access (mobile phone).

UPDATE: While typing this question, I received 1 new email (to my Hotmail acct). A "slide-in" message from the action center displayed a new email received and the number on the icon immediately changed from 5 to 1. Maybe that's the way to clear - leave
    Windows 10 running until a new email is received??? (at the time, the Mail app was NOT running).

Also, after reading the mail(s) received and shutting down Mail app, the unread count disappears momentarily then re-appears on the icon when the Mail app closes.

This is no longer a question but more an FYI. This is about how to resolve an apparent bug in the Mail app.

grasskutter, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

Hi,

This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since I last opened the app.

So I did a little experiment:

If I open one of the newly arrived e-mails with another device (thus making it 'read'), the live tile count will in fact decrease by 1.

But then I open another unread e-mail with that same device, but this e-mail has already arrived last time I used the Windows Mail app (are you still with me?), this time the live tile count remains unchanged.

Very confusing if u ask me. Can I do anything to let the live tile simply show the total number of unread e-mails period?

seemebreakthis, Sep 29, 2020
  4. JustLisaF Win User

Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

Incorrect number of unread mails

I fixed my issue with the mail icon phantom mail count showing on the taskbar by unpinning it from the taskbar, then going back and re-pinning it back to the taskbar. That reset the number. It didn't pick up any unread mail already sitting in the mailboxes,
    but its been keeping track of any more new emails that come in.

I'm guessing the issue will eventually come back, this isn't how its suppose to work "by design", but at least I have a workaround.

JustLisaF, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

1. Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically. - Similar Threads - Taskbar Mail icon

2. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  3. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  4. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account: Hi,I would like to make Windows 10 Mail app on computer show the amount of unread mail for each account in all folders and not inbox only.When I receive an email which goes directly in a created folder instead of my inbox because of rules I created on Outlook, the number of...
  5. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account: Hi,I would like to make Windows 10 Mail app on computer show the amount of unread mail for each account in all folders and not inbox only.When I receive an email which goes directly in a created folder instead of my inbox because of rules I created on Outlook, the number of...
  6. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon

in Browsers and Email
    MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon: I have the Universal MS mail app on my taskbar. In the past when I received mail a badge opened over the icon with the number of emails I received. I also get email notifications on the Action Center icon which works correctly. I have badges turned on in Settings. I used to...
  8. Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app - live tile unread count not updating: In my start menu, I use the mail live tile. But it doesn't seem to update even after I don't have any unread emails. This is the live tile: [img] And here, you can see that I don't have any unread emails: [img] So what's going on? Is there a fix for this?...
  9. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails: The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no notification in the Action Centre. Is there an easy way to clear this? I have tried selecting all and marking as read then as...
  10. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?: Hi, This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since...