Windows 10: Taskbar menus lag

Discus and support Taskbar menus lag in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have some kind of lag opening desktop taskbar , it only happens on first boot or while coming back from suspend. my pc is i7 6700k 16gb ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martyalicante, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Taskbar menus lag

Hello
    I have some kind of lag opening desktop taskbar , it only happens on first boot or while coming back from suspend.
    my pc is i7 6700k 16gb ram and ssd
    i tried to disable lan and problem still persist

Taskbar menus lag [​IMG]

is it normal on windows 10 to be so laggy to open a menu?
    thank you

:)

martyalicante, Apr 23, 2016
  2. StMmM Win User

Start Menu is laggy and choppy when multiple windows are opened in the Creators Update

I recently updated to the Creators Update. There is a noticeable lag in the Start Menu when multiple app/program windows are opened. The Start opening animation becomes choppy, same for scrolling in the app list or through the pinned apps. Same goes for
    the Action Center animation, or when clicking on the time and date in the taskbar. When I minimize/close all windows, the Start menu is back to being smooth and responsive. Basically all animations are smooth again. But only when all windows are closed/minimized.

I noticed the lag in the menu becomes even worse if there's moving content in some of the opened windows, like a video playing.

This didn't happen in the previous Anniversary update.

What could it be?

StMmM, Apr 23, 2016
  3. I cannot use my account; It is lagging like **** on login

The account through which I have logged in is a limited account. The only administrator account is the one that has the lagging problem. The taskbar shows, some icons on desktop show, while some don't and then it lags a lot.

Chinmay Seth, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Taskbar menus lag

solved myself.
    lag is because windows defender realtime protection so disabling it makes pc works ok

martyalicante, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    That leaves you without any anti-virus though, not a good tradeoff.

I'll try disabling as a test too though.

Ztruker, Apr 25, 2016
  6. I can have my own antivirus, i prefer not having laggy menus on a new pc

martyalicante, Apr 25, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I just tried disabling Windows Defender Real time protection and poof, response for toolbars on the Taskbar is now instant.

You definitely found a bug. Now I need to look for another AV programs to replace Defender. Did you find one to use?

Edit: I just installed ESET Nod 32 Trial and no lag with it so it's definitely specific to Windows Defender. I;m going to send this via Feedback to MS.

Ztruker, Apr 27, 2016
  8. Taskbar menus lag

I dont think its a bug. Probably after a windows restart defender checks all files on the toolbar before show it. So it takes a bit of cpu time and becomes on lag. But it sucks *Smile

martyalicante, Apr 27, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Agreed, I hate it. Been fighting this for a long time, really glad you found the ultimate cause!

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar menus lag

1. Taskbar menus lag - Similar Threads - Taskbar menus lag

2. Big lags in games but only while in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big lags in games but only while in menus: Hey all,I recently bought a new laptop - the MSI Thin GF63 12VE-081 - and performance wise it's great. But I have trouble with in-game menus for some weird reason that let my ping spike insanely high or worst case, I even get disconnected.I'm fairly new to this whole PC...
  3. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  4. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  5. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Games lag in menus???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lag in menus???: Hi, I've had an issue with almost all games for some time now, where the menus for the games will lag. Whenever I'm in the game, it runs perfectly fine, but when I'm in places such as the lobby in COD, Battlefield, even MSFS, the menus will drop to around 4 frames, making it...
  7. Games lag in menus???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games lag in menus???: Hi, I've had an issue with almost all games for some time now, where the menus for the games will lag. Whenever I'm in the game, it runs perfectly fine, but when I'm in places such as the lobby in COD, Battlefield, even MSFS, the menus will drop to around 4 frames, making it...
  8. Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus: In some programs, I have to select options from a dropdown menu. However, the taskbar overlaps the last options, and I can't select them. Can someone help solve this issue?...
  9. Black menus and taskbar

Black menus and taskbar: I messed up my windows 10 settings, so now I see the taskbar and pop-up menus in black with black text. If I roll over them with the cursor, I can see the icons but no text. I've tried to change either the text or background to something visible, but since I can't read the...
  10. Black and white menus/taskbar

Black and white menus/taskbar: When I log in to my user, my taskbar and start menus have turned black and white; almost like safe mode, but safe mode isn't on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/black-and-white-menustaskbar/480b659c-9dd0-43a1-8e64-57b61423b216