Windows 10: Taskbar messed up, really big and apps everywhere. How to fix/reset

Discus and support Taskbar messed up, really big and apps everywhere. How to fix/reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Icantmakemydecision [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Icantmakemydecision, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Taskbar messed up, really big and apps everywhere. How to fix/reset

/u/Icantmakemydecision, Nov 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 11, 2020
  3. fall creators update / icons and apps missing / big mess!!

Hello, yesterday my lap (dell Inspiron 7000 Series Intel Core i5) was automatically updated to
    W10fall creators edition...and it is now a big big big mess...icons missing, apps malfunctioning (outlook doesn't check for new email on its own, for instance; I have to go to send and receive everything)... as many people, I use this computer
    for work and I cannot have the luxury to have this tool off for several hours to try to solve an issue created by MS. What are the chances that this can be solved swiftly? all suggestions on online forums go through complex repair actions to "go back to your
    previous version until this is fixed" Is any update on this issue?

Thanks!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

joao lueiro, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Taskbar messed up, really big and apps everywhere. How to fix/reset

Taskbar icons have changed - why? How do I fix them?

Hi Macabre,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Unpin and Repin the apps to the Taskbar.

Follow the below steps to Unpin and Repin the apps:

• Right click on the app form the Taskbar and select Unpin this program from the taskbar
      option.
    • Click on the Start icon.
    • Right click on the app which you want to pin to the Taskbar and select
      Pin to Taskbar
      option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar messed up, really big and apps everywhere. How to fix/reset

1. Taskbar messed up, really big and apps everywhere. How to fix/reset - Similar Threads - Taskbar messed really

2. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  3. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  4. Really messed up Mail and Calendar App - how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up Mail and Calendar App - how to fix?: Hello,I really do not know what to do here. I had the error message when adding a Gmail account to the Mail and Calendar app where it says, "We encountered a problem." So I uninstalled the app, and then went to the Microsoft store, and installed it, and at the top right it...
  5. Really messed up Mail and Calendar App - how to fix?

Really messed up Mail and Calendar App - how to fix?: Hello,I really do not know what to do here. I had the error message when adding a Gmail account to the Mail and Calendar app where it says, "We encountered a problem." So I uninstalled the app, and then went to the Microsoft store, and installed it, and at the top right it...
  6. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  7. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  8. TaskBar messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar messed up: [ATTACH] It has that rectangular white outline on the outside when I right-click something on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-messed-up/976ecc37-9588-41a5-871b-05b4020c8403
  9. Big mess

Big mess: Just noticed this.... programs which store part of their info in user/documents are instead putting the info in the documents folder in OneDrive. This is confusing and not at all what I want. I use OneDrive as a place to store backupdata, I don't want my live stuff in MS's...
  10. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    I really messed up: Sorry that this is long and not that well worded I really messed up. So from the beginning. I bought a pc from one of my friends on Friday. (Specs: cpu: Intel i7 4790, gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 970, motherboard: gigabyte z97 hd3, and Windows 10 home, originally...