Windows 10: Taskbar misbehavior - icons out of horizontal alignment

Discus and support Taskbar misbehavior - icons out of horizontal alignment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My taskbar vanished, got it back by pulling it back up, but now it has this strange misbehavior: [img] Notice that the three system icons at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mike T, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Mike T Win User

Taskbar misbehavior - icons out of horizontal alignment

My taskbar vanished, got it back by pulling it back up, but now it has this strange misbehavior:

Taskbar misbehavior - icons out of horizontal alignment [​IMG]

Notice that the three system icons at the far left are at a lower horizontal level than the icons to their right, and are partly cut off at the bottom of the screen. Likewise, some of the icons on the far right are lower, and are cut off.

If I expand the taskbar up, it's as if the icons are on separate lines, like this:

Taskbar misbehavior - icons out of horizontal alignment [​IMG]

Rebooting doesn't help. Removing and replacing my added Quick Start toolbar doesn't help. Locking/unlocking the taskbar doesn't help.

Is there a way to get all the toolbar icons back in horizontal alignment and not cut off? Thanks for any help!

Windows 10 Home v1903 18362.657 on Dell Inspiron 3670

:)

Mike T, Mar 7, 2020
  2. JanJan Win User

How to align icons on desktop horizontally/top/bottom in Win 7 ?

Does anyone know how to align icons on desktop horizontally/top/bottom in Win 7 ? Or can it *Confused Taskbar misbehavior - icons out of horizontal alignment :confused:

JanJan, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

I have moved the windows 10 task bar from the bottom of the screen to the left but unfortunately this breaks the centre alignment of some icons. Where as all icons on the menu were vertically aligned when the task bar was horizontal on the bottom of the
    screen only some of the icons horizontally align when the taskbar is vertical at the left of the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/q7dCiXL.png

Is there any way to make all the icons centre align?

A-Windows-User, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar misbehavior - icons out of horizontal alignment - Similar Threads - Taskbar misbehavior icons

2. visible horizontal "hidden taskbar help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    visible horizontal "hidden taskbar help: Hi all, so apparently when I enabled the feature to hide my taskbar there is this weird visible line across my screen. When trying to see a movie or any scene that is dark all I can notice is this god awful line that just wont disappear in full screen. I tired to make my...
  3. No Taskbar and Horizontal split Screen x's 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Taskbar and Horizontal split Screen x's 2: How do I fix my screen back to original from multiple horizontal splits. It's split partially at the top and in the middle and no taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-taskbar-and-horizontal-split-screen-xs-2/39261353-68dd-4cd4-a621-8750f00d00e9
  4. How to centre align few icons and few left align on taskbar?

How to centre align few icons and few left align on taskbar?: I was just wondering if there is any way to move few icons to left and few to centre. And not by creating a folder and adding it into new taskbar. [ATTACH]...
  5. everything on screen is streched out horizontally...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    everything on screen is streched out horizontally...: after Microsoft 10 was reinstalled, everything on screen is stretched out horizontally, it's all too wide....text etc. [includes file pics and USB images.] how may I fix? [I have an ACER set-up.] Thank you...
  6. Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view

Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view: I didn't turn off my computer last night. Just my monitor was in sleep mode. I came back to it this morning to find that my task bar and my desktop icons are just out of view. you can barely see them. I will post a screenshot of what i see in a minute. I've already...
  7. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out): Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out. Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection) Seems to be since...
  8. Icons not aligning with taskbar and have a blur or shadow on the side

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not aligning with taskbar and have a blur or shadow on the side: Icons have side blur/shadow and icons don't go down line up with the taskbar like normal but have a gap between the taskbar and bottom row of icons Thanks for any help [img] 85315
  9. Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid"

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid": I use "Align Icons to Grid" to line up icons on my Desktop. However, I find the resolution of the grid is too coarse. How can I reduce the icon spacing between icons for the "Align Icons to Grid" option? 34955
  10. desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons alignment: I have the icons aligned in a certain way , always had them well and when I restart they are always aligned. A few days i noticed they are misaligned and there are a option that says: there is a line up icons with the grid , I deactivate and when I restart again and goes...