Windows 10: taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons

Discus and support taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My taskbar is missing and my icons on the desktop are missing as well the background is dark kindly help*Shock 24989 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RADET, Oct 2, 2015.

1. RADET Win User

taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons

My taskbar is missing and my icons on the desktop are missing as well the background is dark kindly help*Shock

:)

RADET, Oct 2, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Desktop background missing and no icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Welcome to Windows 10 family. Please provide us required information to understand the situation better:

1) Is this same issue occurring with other games also?

2) Have you tried setting the screen resolution and check?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

This issue may occur due to corrupt display driver. I would suggest you to
    uninstall and reinstall display driver and check if it helps.

To uninstall the driver, please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    device manager.

b. Click to expand display adapters, right click the adapter and click
    uninstall.

c. Restart the computer.

Now, download and install display driver from the computer manufacturer's website
    and check the issue.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Arul_D, Oct 2, 2015
  3. HenrikGD Win User
    Desktop background missing and no icons

taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons [​IMG]
    Hi

After I downloaded a game called Unreal Tournament and run it, my background turned black and all my desktop icons are gone. I payed for the game and have a virus program so im pretty sure it's not a virus. I really wanna know a fix for this and not just
    reinstall my OS. My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I appreciate all answears!

HenrikGD, Oct 2, 2015
  4. taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons

Have you tried Pressing Winkey+R and starting explorer.exe?

heypaleblue, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons

1. taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons - Similar Threads - taskbar missing desktop

2. icons are missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    icons are missing from the taskbar: Is Start Menu Troubleshooter still available? I've got the problem where icons are missing from the taskbar but otherwise the system seems fine. I've run /sfc scannow but it's unable to fix the corrupted files. I've run DISM and repaired the component score but it's still...
  3. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons missing: After booting, the desktop icons do not appear. Also, when starting a program from task bar or start menu, the program or window does not open. After 2-3 reboots, the problem seems to fix itself ?? Comments welcome !...
  4. desktop icons missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons missing: after update on July 10 about 80% of my sesktop icons are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/desktop-icons-missing/7bd06860-79be-4525-9499-ea4fbfcd1e28
  5. Desktop is black with no icons, Taskbar icons missing +more...

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop is black with no icons, Taskbar icons missing +more...: Hi, My computer's desktop is blank (black) with no desktop icons. [img] My task bar icons are missing. My windows button doesn't open. I can not access settings (even using CTRL R -> ms-settings: OR right-clicking task-bar. It "times out"). There is "no...
  6. Missing App Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing App Icons on Taskbar: No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but...
  7. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...
  8. Missing Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Taskbar Icons: Whenever I run a Windows 10 specific app, such as Edge, Store, Weather, etc, It opens properly, but the icon on the taskbar is simply a square with a line under it if it is active and only the line shows when it is inactive. If I pin a Windows 10 app to the taskbar, there is...
  9. Missing Icons in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons in Taskbar: According to all I have read there should be a Properties Icon shown when you right click a blank area of the Taskbar in W10. There should also be a Task View icon to the right of the Start icon. I have neither of these. If I right click the Taskbar (blank area) I get 4...
  10. Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed: This morning when I booted up my desktop, all of my icons on the desktop were missing, although the shortcut is still there and works. The icons in the taskbar now have a generic looking icon. Right clicking on the start menu no longer brings up the menu and when I go to file...