Windows 10: Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night!

Discus and support Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've got two monitors: Arranged thusly: [2][1] My Taskbar slides out from [2] on the left of the display. Like so : [---> 2] It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SarahC, Nov 24, 2019.

1. /u/SarahC Win User

Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night!

Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night! F67RAXZcvxy0KKBnLr2MTF2DIuiBLFT9IMM-BCrfk3w.jpg

I've got two monitors:

Arranged thusly:

[2][1]

My Taskbar slides out from [2] on the left of the display. Like so : [---> 2]

It's great - I see all the windows names, and it slides back in so I can see my Widgets.

Every time I turn the monitors off, it jumps from [2] to [1] but remains in "sliding in" mode from the left. I have to drag it back every morning!

1: If I change [2] to my "Main display" it'll load all my games on the left monitor!

2: If I lock it I won't have the slide out feature.

[2][1] : Normal

[2][1]: Slide in Taskbar

After turning the monitors off and on:

What the hell!?

submitted by /u/SarahC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SarahC, Nov 24, 2019

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night!

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night!

1. Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night! - Similar Threads - Taskbar moves main

2. Every night I turn off my monitors and when I turn them on I have to restart my PC on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every night I turn off my monitors and when I turn them on I have to restart my PC on...: Every night I turn off the monitors and in the morning I can continue from where I left off. Since installing Windows 11 if I turn off the monitors, I have to restart my computer and certain work disappears but I can restore stuff like chrome. It's getting old. I have it set...
  3. Every night I turn off my monitors and when I turn them on I have to restart my PC on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every night I turn off my monitors and when I turn them on I have to restart my PC on...: Every night I turn off the monitors and in the morning I can continue from where I left off. Since installing Windows 11 if I turn off the monitors, I have to restart my computer and certain work disappears but I can restore stuff like chrome. It's getting old. I have it set...
  4. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Turn off main monitors while screencasting: Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies. Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I...
  5. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off main monitors while screencasting: Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies. Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I...
  6. Windows + Taskbar move to main monitor after standby

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows + Taskbar move to main monitor after standby: I have 2 monitors, A is my main (connected via HDMI), B is my secondary (connected via DP). B has my taskbar. Whenever my computer returns from standby, all open windows + taskbar move to my main monitor A I've heard this is an issue with monitors connected via DP, but my...
  7. Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?

Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?: I have a HDMI switcher on my main monitor. When I'm not displaying my PC on it, everything switches to my second monitor which is smaller so the desktop icons are all funky. If I move them around when they're on the second monitor, will they be moved when they go back to the...
  8. ICC profile resets every time monitor turns off

ICC profile resets every time monitor turns off: Every single time my monitor turns off, whether it goes to sleep after a period of inactivity or whether it's when I'm first booting my machine up, the ICC color profile reverts to default. Every single time this happens, I have to open up color management and manually...
  9. Every time I turn off my monitors all my windows move to my primary screen

Every time I turn off my monitors all my windows move to my primary screen: I was using 2x Acer B243PWL (1200p 60Hz) with DVI then switched to DP when I upgraded to a 980 Ti with dual DP out. No difference in window behaviour going from DVI to DP, or from the 770 to the 980 card. I have now upgraded to 2x ViewSonic VX2458-MHD (1080p 144Hz) using...
  10. turning off monitor at night

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off monitor at night: how do I make the monitor turn off at night so it doesn't keep the living room lit up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-monitor-at-night/66d1ddc9-cbc5-48e5-9aab-c95bc281c046