Windows 10: Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine

Discus and support Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I got a brand new MSI laptop about 2 or 3 months back and I installed translucent TB to make the taskbar invisible. I decided to fully unnistall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pancakes101, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine

Hello. I got a brand new MSI laptop about 2 or 3 months back and I installed translucent TB to make the taskbar invisible. I decided to fully unnistall it a bit later, however sometimes my taskbar gets really slow after an hour or so of being on the computer. Changing the volume or play/pause on the mousepad takes a big while, and clicking on the windows symbol on the bottom left to open the start menu barely works. After a few seconds it's completely back to normal, and then it happens again. Keep in mind that the file explorer is fast as always, but when the problem doesnt solve itself, i have to restart the file explorer on task manager which solves it for a while. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact i used Translucent TB even though i unninstalled it, if its a windows bug, an msi bug? The laptop has zero perfomance issues besides this one, and CPU performs well too. i have no idea what to do. Thanks Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine :D

:)

pancakes101, Feb 24, 2021

2. Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Volume Control Missing in Windows 10 upgrade

I am running Windows 10 Pro and it has been working fine for me until just yesterday the volume control dissapered from the system tray.

I've already tried the other troubleshooting steps with no success.

--select Properties to open the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties box.

--Settings/SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window.

The volume option was still missing and was just blank.

I used the link that you posted here:

Volume 2

This worked fine for me.

AntawuanTaylor, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine

Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller problem

Thanks for providing the screenshots, Nemanja. As what the device status, states, there are no drivers installed for the device so you need to manually search and download the driver for your multimedia controllers. To do that, the device's Hardware ID should
    be obtained first. Follow these steps:

• In Device Manager > Other devices, right-click the Multimedia Controller, then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Details tab.
    • Under Property, look for and select Hardware ids.
    • Copy the first item under Value. It serves as the Hardware ID.
    • Search for the device driver online using the Hardware ID and save it on your PC.
    • Do the same for the Multimedia Video Controller.

Once the drivers are saved, you may now go ahead and install or manually update the drivers for your Multimedia Controllers.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine

1. Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine - Similar Threads - Taskbar multimedia volume

2. Windows freezes but everything else is fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes but everything else is fine: I had a crash recently with the game hearthstone, not a very resource intensive game, and with my pc specs it should and usually runs fine. While the crash is unusual, the more concerning problem lies after. So the game is not responding and the windows popup asking me to...
  3. Windows freezes but everything else is fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes but everything else is fine: I had a crash recently with the game hearthstone, not a very resource intensive game, and with my pc specs it should and usually runs fine. While the crash is unusual, the more concerning problem lies after. So the game is not responding and the windows popup asking me to...
  4. Slow internet on my windows 10 pc. Everything else on network is fine. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet on my windows 10 pc. Everything else on network is fine. Please help!: Everything on the network gets the 100mbps download speed just not my Windows 10 pc I only get 13mbps. I’ve made 3 different builds over the last 5 years and done complete wipes, reformatted everything, and reinstalled windows 10, multiple times. Tried a lot of things the...
  5. Slow internet on my windows 10 pc. Everything else on network is fine. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet on my windows 10 pc. Everything else on network is fine. Please help!: Everything on the network gets the 100mbps download speed just not my Windows 10 pc I only get 13mbps. I’ve made 3 different builds over the last 5 years and done complete wipes, reformatted everything, and reinstalled windows 10, multiple times. Tried a lot of things the...
  6. Touch Multimedia Controls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Multimedia Controls: I have problems with the touch multimedia controls in my laptop so is there any way to disable them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-multimedia-controls/8181a86e-24c4-421d-81b5-d3542a1cc955
  7. Windows runs insanely slow. But everything else seems fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows runs insanely slow. But everything else seems fine.: I'm running Windows 10 on a relativly beefy computer. The cpu, gpu, ram and disks are running normaly and most apps work flawlessly. But anything built into windows is incredibly slow and takes forever to start. Sometimes the task manager takes 10 minutes to start. Apps that...
  8. taskbar and start menu very slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and start menu very slow to open: Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a minute for programs to open. I'm running an insider preview. Version 1903, OS build 18965.1000 Wondering if anyone else is...
  9. Start up is really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up is really slow: My laptop has a really slow start up, has been this way from quite some time. The icons load up really slowly both in the desktop and the taskbar. I've tried increasing the icon cache size, cleared the icon cache too but to no avail. Is there anything else I can do? I've...
  10. Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow?: I'm not sure of the name of this, but when you right click on a program's 'listing' in the taskbar ('Chrome', or a 'This PC' of Explorer) you get a menu (Close window, pin to tastbar etc) - on W7 this was near instant. On W10 on the same machine it takes maybe a second to...