Windows 10: Taskbar Network Icon Missing

Discus and support Taskbar Network Icon Missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brianna Cutting, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC performance feels somewhat slower than normal.

:)

Brianna Cutting, Jan 18, 2022
  2. pparks1 Win User

Network and Volume Icons missing from Taskbar

On my son's computer, he recently told me that his volume icon disappeared and that he tried "everything" he could find on Google and couldn't get it back.

So, tonight when i couldn't sleep, I came in to check out his Windows 10 machine and found that it wasn't just the volume icon, but the network icon is missing too.

I went to the normal place to check them, TaskBar Settings > Turn System Icons on or off, and found that they are listed, but grayed out:

Taskbar Network Icon Missing [​IMG]

I tried all of the typical solutions that I found online
    1). Try another user...problem persists with my account
    2). Try "restarted" explorer with task manager. Problem persists
    3). Try the following tutorial (System Icons - Enable or Disable | Tutorials) importing in these registry keys and restarting. Problem persists
    4). Tried deleting the registry values per this post, How do I turn the system icon for sound on (currently off; greyed out). Problem persists
    5). Ran an sfc /scannow
    6). I followed this thread, which basically linked to the tutorial in step 3. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings
    7). Tried all of the options from this post, both registry edits as well as gpedit.msc. Fix: Volume Icon is Missing in Windows 10 Taskbar

His system is running Windows 10, 20H2

His network works just fine and his audio is working as well.

Device Manager is clean

The missing icons are NOT in the overflow tray area

I haven't reinstalled drivers, because I find it hard to believe that the audio driver and the network driver both got messed up. If it was just one of them missing, then I would have more faith that the problem lies.

Also, he's up to date on his windows updates

anybody else run into this pesky issue where the typical solutions just aren't working at all?

pparks1, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Network icon missing from taskbar

Hi Wailana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you recently make any changes on the computer?

Which edition(Home or Pro) of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

This can be caused by several reasons. The network icon could be missing from the task bar, the network services might not be running or the issue could be with Windows explorer.

Let’s see if we can get the network icon back on taskbar by following the methods given below.

Method 1: Enable Network icon from settings.

• Right click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Under Notification area click on
      Select which icons appear on taskbar
    • Toggle the switch to on for Network icon to make it appear on taskbar.
    • Go back and click on Turn system icons on or off. Toggle the switch for Network icon to turn it on if it is off.

Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer

• Right click on taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Under Process tab, look for Explorer process.
    • Right click on Explorer process and select
      Restart option to restart the process.
    • Exit Task Manager and see if the network icon appears in the taskbar.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact back in case you need any further assistance and let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar Network Icon Missing

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar Network Icon Missing

1. Taskbar Network Icon Missing - Similar Threads - Taskbar Network Icon

2. Taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons missing: When i open my windows after sleep the icons on my taskbar seem to be missing. after i click on space where my icons used to be that particular icon goes back to normal. Is this a bug? If yes i hope it gets fixed soon....
  3. Taskbar Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  4. Taskbar Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  5. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  6. Missing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing icons in taskbar: I don't why, but I have at least, constantly, one icon missing in my taskbar. since some days I can't display all of them with the settings. Currently, the sound icon is missing. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/vgclbaR.png The white part on the screenshot is disappearing too...
  7. Network icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon missing from taskbar: there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection? ***Title modified from: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a...
  8. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out): Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out. Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection) Seems to be since...
  9. Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.: everything was working fine earlier today. I was playing GTA V online so I was definitely connected. when I exited the game, the network icon on the taskbar was gone. if I open the Notification Center and click network from there no available networks show up. in my settings,...
  10. Missing Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Taskbar Icons: Whenever I run a Windows 10 specific app, such as Edge, Store, Weather, etc, It opens properly, but the icon on the taskbar is simply a square with a line under it if it is active and only the line shows when it is inactive. If I pin a Windows 10 app to the taskbar, there is...