Windows 10: Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Discus and support Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diplocaulus, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot. What's up with that? What's the point of offering user customization options when those choices have no relevance to the content being displayed? Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1110 v21H1

:)

Diplocaulus, Jul 16, 2021
  2. gdscrtr Win User
    gdscrtr, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Melchior Win User

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Melchior, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

1. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings - Similar Threads - Taskbar News Interests

2. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start/News and Interests: Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog...
  3. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Start/News and Interests: Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog...
  4. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  5. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  6. news and interests not working

news and interests not working: hi all after the update news and interests widgets was working fine but after a day it turned all Chinese and was showing Chinese weather I have my location enabled but still not working.Thanks in advance...
  7. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  9. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. News and Interests not loading

News and Interests not loading: News and Interests not loading after forcing to add it by cmd -_-can someone help before i destroy another keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-not-loading/795362fb-21c4-4773-90b1-aa4b39d4d83f