Windows 10: Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide)

Discus and support Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Task Bar is supposed to come up when I move the cursor close enough to the bottom edge of the screen but it isn't doing that. How do I resolve this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Jul 23, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide)

My Task Bar is supposed to come up when I move the cursor close enough to the bottom edge of the screen but it isn't doing that. How do I resolve this? Google search results are littered with irrelevant rubbish.

:)

THX1138, Jul 23, 2017

2. Windows Task Bar in Windows 10 will not autohide, covers the screen I am using

Right click on the taskbar. Check box beside Hide Taskbar. Mouse over where the taskbar was and it pops up for use then recedes. To lock taskbar again mouse over it, right click on it and uncheck box beside Hide taskbar. simple!

AudreySmith333, Jul 23, 2017
  3. auto-hide taskbar not working in windows 10

Task bar will not auto-hide and auto-hide is selected in its ‘Properties’?
    If you click the ‘show hidden icons’, allow it to pop-up then move your cursor away from the pop-up, the show hidden (SH) will, in a couple seconds, auto hide however the task bar will not auto hide until you re-select the (SH) then move the
    mouse away from the (SH) click the mouse to dismiss the (SH) then the taskbar will auto-hide again. If one of the hidden icons has a message for you, that message has to be satisfied prior to the taskbar returning to its hidden state.

Lawrence-Kirkland, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide)

Hi THX1138.

This suggestion may already be part of the litter you read. I would disable auto-hide. Then I would restart. If you power down I would hold shift key down.

On restart I would go back to Auto-hide and see if the situation has cleared.

Next to see if this is Windows or your user account I would create new user and see if issue persists.

Failing that you could try an in place repair / upgrade. No guarantees that this will work, especially if this is a user profile issue. This will take you to the Creator's update, just so you know.

Read the warnings in tutorial.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide)

1. Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide) - Similar Threads - Taskbar coming mouse

2. Taskbar Auto-Hide Notification Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Auto-Hide Notification Pop-up: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of stopping the Taskbar from not auto-hiding when one of my active programs, e.g. Skype, sends a notifcation. Answers I've seen on the forums are something like "To resolve your concern, we suggest that you click the little arrow at the...
  3. Taskbar Auto-Hide Notification Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Auto-Hide Notification Pop-up: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of stopping the Taskbar from not auto-hiding when one of my active programs, e.g. Skype, sends a notifcation. Answers I've seen on the forums are something like "To resolve your concern, we suggest that you click the little arrow at the...
  4. Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default: Hello,Whenever I restart my computer, the taskbar setting to "Automatically hide the taskbar" resets and defaults to off, and requires manually turning it back on. It is quite frustrating. I have looked for an answer but have not found one that was referring to Windows 11 and...
  5. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  6. Taskbar won't auto hide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't auto hide: I try'd Taskbar settings, and I try'd to reset windows explorer both did not work. submitted by /u/lostFate95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enym5v/taskbar_wont_auto_hide/
  7. Taskbar auto-hide fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar auto-hide fail: Very often or so it happens that the auto-hide feature of taskbar stops working, and that too, happens only partially. Which means that the taskbar does not go back in after the cursor is moved away from it nor does the windows get smaller to compensate for the extra space...
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar not coming up

2. autohide but not returning with mouse to bottom