Windows 10: Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work

Discus and support Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad with two additional monitors. There are no pending Windows 10 updates. As you can see there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenSmith_06488, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work

I am running windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad with two additional monitors.

There are no pending Windows 10 updates.

As you can see there are Outlook windows open as well as Chrome yet there is no line. For some reason the control panel does show the blue line.

The other thing that I have noticed is that when there is an open greenshot window unless I pin greenshot to the taskbar it does not show.

Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work efc8a535-eb0f-46ab-b07c-da5dadc7d751?upload=true.png

:)

KenSmith_06488, Oct 1, 2020

2. Windows peek/taskbar Thumbnail not working (Help)

Hi Elias,

We may need to change some settings to enable the peek option. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Locate Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar option, turn it
      ON.

Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work 4e6ea8e8-0a25-4147-98c9-70329ee94095.png

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Rhys Win User
    Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

Version 1909 was installed on 13/11/2019 or 11/13/2019. Here's a list of my recent update history
    Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Only noticed today.

Rhys, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work

Option to get blue lines in taskbar to reflect how many windows open, instead of how many windows hidden in Windows 10.

Original Title:Option to get blue lines in taskbar to reflect how many windows open, instead of how many windows hidden?

I just realized (or perhaps an update from MS changed to this) that the blue lines get thicker, the more windows are hidden or are not visible. Is there an option somewhere, to have Windows display a blue line for each window, regardless of whether it is
    hidden or not?

For instance, right now I have to browser windows open. Because I am typing into this one, only one is hidden in the taskbar, and there is only one blue line. If I open up a Word file, then both browser windows are hidden, and the browser icon in the taskbar
    has two blue lines next to it.

I would like Windows to display a blue line for each file, regardless of whether it is hidden or in display. Is this possible?

Paul Rittman, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work

1. Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work - Similar Threads - Taskbar displaying blue

2. Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working: So basically my win 10 laptop have suddenly started not to show peek for tabs in the taskbar, I checked to see if the option was disabled but no peek was enabled. It's really annoying cause it only shows the name of the app open like when you hover oven an item in file...
  3. White Lines Under Apps in Start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    White Lines Under Apps in Start: Once I opened OneNote in My Windows 10, it just not opened! Annoying White Line is coming below the icon! I just hate it. The white line is coming under Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Microsoft Store too!...
  4. Line under taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line under taskbar icons not working: The blue line under my taskbar is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-under-taskbar-icons-not-working/b3b1210c-e845-4669-9b09-18ad8cfdf479
  5. Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar: Hi all, As per the above Title: the Blue Line under currently open applications in my taskbar disappears after a period of time, maybe a few minutes? It's frustrating as I appreciate what I can view as currently open. The only way I can resolve the issue (albeit temporary)...
  6. Apps Will not open and white line appears under them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps Will not open and white line appears under them: Hello, My pc reasently updated and i tried to watch Netfilx but it did not open and I tried to open Microsoft Store to uninstall it and install it again but the same thing happend.Can somebody help me?[IMG]...
  7. How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon

How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon: Please advise how to hide annoying blue line under task bar icon at Windows 10: Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-blue-line-under-w10-taskbar-icon/e4e2d9c7-6299-4025-8178-b224616aa3d7
  8. Green Line Under Taskbar

Green Line Under Taskbar: I know this has to do with virtual desktops... but it's super obnoxious. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't really need or want multiple desktops anyway, and it's irritating that it shows a little green bar under every program even when I only have one desktop... 14448
  9. How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar: This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it distracting and want it gone. I use was IE 11 as my default but now see Edge as default program if that helps 59735
  10. Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar: Hello, I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of the open program, similar to how taskbar entries were colored in Windows 7. Is there a way to do this? I want to change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show blue line under apps taskbar windows 10