Windows 10: Taskbar not going away

Discus and support Taskbar not going away in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Display Name123, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Taskbar not going away

So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there

:)

Display Name123, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 2, 2021
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Taskbar not going away

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar not going away

1. Taskbar not going away - Similar Threads - Taskbar going away

2. Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen: Games work fine in fullscreen, but have the taskbar visible on top of the game window in windowedfullscreen. Game max native resolution is 3440x1440 and my monitor is 3840x1600. How do I fix this?...
  3. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  4. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  5. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Taskbar won't go away

Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  7. Taskbar not going away on the bottom screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not going away on the bottom screen: I am trying to start up a game from steam and the taskbar isn't going away, problem is that the taskbar before has gone away but now this time it is not going away at all. Is there any way I can make sure it goes away when I start up the game?...
  8. taskbar wont go away when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar wont go away when playing games: I know why. It is because i moved my primary taskbar to my 2nd monitor but I really want my primary taskbar on my 2nd monitor since my temps and usage are taskbar icons. Is there a way to fix this? Or is there another method to display taskbar icons on the 2nd monitor other...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. taskbar hover names wont go away

taskbar hover names wont go away: Hey all So I don't normally have issues with windows but this is persistent and annoying. whenever I hover over a program in my taskbar, it shows the name above it, even after I stop hovering. video here. any help is appreciated as its completely random and I cant fix it....