Windows 10: Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

Discus and support Taskbar not hiding in borderless games in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stefano Eusebio Bergò, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor.

Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i noticed this on League of Legends and Fortnite but i don't want to play with the fullscreen option because it will be slow when i do Alt+Tab during the game.

I hope to solve this problem quickly, so i can come back playing with my friends.

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

:)

Stefano Eusebio Bergò, Sep 7, 2018

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Taskbar in fullscreen borderless

Hi!

Recently I've run into a small problem with the taskbar. When I play games in fullscreen borderless where the game is still running when I ALT+Tab to another window the taskbar dissapears while the game is running. As soon as I close the game the taskbar
    reappears but as long as the game is running, minimized or not the taskbar is gone. It's still possible to bring it up with the windows-key but I was wondering if there is a solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Mikael

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

kvrlmikael, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

Taskbar isnt hiding

The windows 10 taskbar wont (Frustratingly) hide when I do anything fullscreen related. For example, In youtube it goes fullscreen, but the taskbar wont hide. Same thing with games or anything fullscreen related. one example of "Anything fullscreen related"
    is a common steam game : Unturned. the taskbar wont hide during fullscreen mode. Also, Please do not suggest auto-hide. auto-hide is as cancerous as the problem itself, In my opinion.

AndyLimaVZ, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

1. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games - Similar Threads - Taskbar hiding borderless

2. Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I tried to play my games in borderless mode so that I can see my friends on skype and play the game like it's in full screen. Anyway when I play the games in boarderless mode on Windows 11 the taskbar does not hide. It's really annoying...
  3. Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I tried to play my games in borderless mode so that I can see my friends on skype and play the game like it's in full screen. Anyway when I play the games in boarderless mode on Windows 11 the taskbar does not hide. It's really annoying...
  4. Hiding the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding the taskbar: Good evening everyone!) I want to ask you how I can hide the taskbar only when I'm on the desktop? And when some programs are open, the taskbar is unhide. Can I do this with third-party programs or Windows settings? Thanks) Thanks for my English Google translatу〒▽〒...
  5. Taskbar appearing during borderless gamming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appearing during borderless gamming: The taskbar keeps popping up while I'm in games and it disrupts the flow and I have to constantly click back onto the game during crucial times. I have looked throughout most of the internet and can't find a solution. The "solutions" I have tried: - restart explorer.exe...
  6. hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide taskbar: What does it take to hide the taskbar and keep it hidden? This setting has not worked correctly for at least the past 3 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-taskbar/4756b890-5fdb-4746-b9af-8958c41b0c46
  7. Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format: Why isn’t a taskbar hiding when I play some video games in borderless format? I tried to activate auto hide feature, but it appears again when I click on the bottom part of the screen. Thank you in advance....
  8. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not hiding in borderless games: When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor. Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i...
  9. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...
  10. Taskbar Error When Play Games in Window Borderless

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Error When Play Games in Window Borderless: [img] Taskbar Error When Switched Windows ALT+TAB. Sometime The Game is Not Responding When Switched Back I Must Wait a Few Minute for Back to Normal. I Not Sure This Problem From Windows or My Hardware. Any Comments ? (Game in SS is Final Fantasy XIV) 59606

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bar not hiding in borderless

2. taskbar hides with borderless game