Windows 10: Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

Discus and support Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc). in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically issue comes when going fullscreen on yt/netflix on chrome the taskbar still shows at the bottom. Already tried restarting pc, restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sg587565, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

So basically issue comes when going fullscreen on yt/netflix on chrome the taskbar still shows at the bottom.

Already tried restarting pc, restarting explorer.exe (this used to work when i sometimes got the issue), alt tab a couple times, double click windows button, these work but the taskbar still comes on again after a few secs. I think its a chrome only issue since I tried a bit with edge and that works fine but edge is too slow for my current pc (almost 70-80% slower than chrome) making it unusable.

Anyone knows of a permanent fix for this issue? windows is also up to date and so is chrome. Also already tried disabling/enabling hardware acceleration on chrome.

Thanks

submitted by /u/sg587565
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sg587565, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Kc121328 Win User

Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc). [​IMG]

Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc). [​IMG]
    I fixed this problem just now by going to setting then typing in the search bar Taskbar settings and then look for use peek to preview and just uncheck it and done and if it happens again then just repeat this again.

Kc121328, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

All my Chromium based browsers have inverted text! *Confused

Edwin, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

taskbar in fullscreen mode

Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a short list of apps that this happens in:
    Google Chrome version 55 (youtube, netflix, crunchyroll)
    Firefox version 50 (youtube, netflix, crunchyroll)
    VLC Media Player version 2.2.2 (locally stored content)
    numerous games from Steam with the exception of a couple.
    As far as I know there were no windows updates and no additional programs downloaded since it last worked as I wanted it to. As stated above I never enabled auto hide as I know this would solve the issue but I find that more troublesome than this bar. I have windows 10 anniversary update. If more information would help fix this issue I would be happy to assist.
    Attached is an example.

demolishun, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

1. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc). - Similar Threads - Taskbar hiding fullscreen

2. Taskbar won't hide when watching a youtube video WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't hide when watching a youtube video WIN11: My computer has been having a lot of issues lately. Such as:Sometimes the screen goes completely gray and the taskbar disappears as well as my desktop, I can only access the tabs I had open. Restart fixes this tempor.Long time to load, gets hit with black screen for prolonged...
  3. Taskbar won't hide when watching a youtube video WIN11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar won't hide when watching a youtube video WIN11: My computer has been having a lot of issues lately. Such as:Sometimes the screen goes completely gray and the taskbar disappears as well as my desktop, I can only access the tabs I had open. Restart fixes this tempor.Long time to load, gets hit with black screen for prolonged...
  4. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background: Hello,I think this is new, when I have a fullscreen application and put it in the background my taskbar is still hidden and that is very annoying.Is this some sort of setting or just a feature?...
  5. When using speakers videos , Netflix, Youtube, etc. will randomly lose audio. The video...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When using speakers videos , Netflix, Youtube, etc. will randomly lose audio. The video...: As the title states, anytime I play my audio through my speakers the audio will initially be fine. However I will lose audio randomly, the video will keep playing, but eventually pause to let the audio catching up to the video playback. This only occurs if I use speakers...
  6. How to fix Video and Audio not in sync YouTube, Netflix, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix Video and Audio not in sync YouTube, Netflix, etc.: How to fix that the video and audio of videos that I watch on both Netflix and YouTube, and also Crunchyroll keep getting out of sync after playing the video for a while. Sometimes it's not 'til 10-15min after, but sometimes it's only 3-5minutes for it to get out of sync, and...
  7. Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.

Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.: Good Day. I recently updated my Windows 10 with the version 1903. Afterwards, I started experiencing this annoying Taskbar not hiding when I'm watching YouTube videos on full screen. I found a solution online wherein you have to got to Task Manager and restart the Windows...
  8. PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.): Okay, so just recently my Windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire ES 15) has started to freeze a few minutes after I start watching a video, whether it be on YouTube or Netflix. The whole system COMPLETELY freezes (cursor unresponsive, Ctrl+Shift+Esc won't open task manager,...
  9. Screen is zoomed in with black border when playing videos on Netflix, Facebook, YouTube etc...

Screen is zoomed in with black border when playing videos on Netflix, Facebook, YouTube etc...: Hi Please help me, I am an online teacher and I cannot see my students when I´m teaching. I have a Toshiba L50D on Windows 10. Every video is super zoomed with black border on every website and through a teaching program I use. This is whether my laptop in on charge or...
  10. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome): Hi, Today i started having a weird issue with fullscreen on Youtube. I have Youtube on my left monitor and twitter on my right monitor. When I click fullscreen on the youtube video i get one of two problems. I either get: 1. It doesn't go fullscreen at all and...