Windows 10: Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset?

Discus and support Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; New to windows from being Mac for 10 years. I love that my rig is 1/4 price for same performance, but damn I can't stand this OS. I've searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/soundslikebliss, May 12, 2020.

1. Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset?

New to windows from being Mac for 10 years. I love that my rig is 1/4 price for same performance, but damn I can't stand this OS.

I've searched everywhere, and can't seem to find a permanent solution for the task bar not staying hidden. Is there one at all?

submitted by /u/soundslikebliss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/soundslikebliss, May 12, 2020

2. How to permanently hide Taskbar in Windows 10

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Taskbar cannot be permanently hidden, but you can Auto Hide the Taskbar. Auto hiding would Hide the task bar, but when the mouse cursor is brought towards the bottom of the screen, it would reappear.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So that the developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 12, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 12, 2020
  4. AaronUr Win User

Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset?

Hiding the taskbar in Windows 10

I have this same exact Problem. The only thing that fix this problem is:

1.-) Go to TASK MANAGER and open it.

2.-) Go down the list and find: WINDOWS EXPLORER.

3.-) Mark it down with your mouse pointer.

4.-) Go down to the link: RESTART and hit it.

Windows Explorer should Reset and the Taskbar will start to auto hide. I have not find a permanent fix for this W10 very Annoying problem. Aaron....

AaronUr, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset?

1. Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset? - Similar Threads - Taskbar hiding permanent

2. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a permanent solution to this?: I bought a new computer a few days ago. It was working fine until i played a game. The game ran horribly. This is despite the fact that I have a 240w power supply and a Ryzen 5 Pro 1600 6-Core Processor paired with an AMD Radeon RX 550 with 4GB of Video RAM. I also have 16GB...
  3. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a permanent solution to this?: I bought a new computer a few days ago. It was working fine until i played a game. The game ran horribly. This is despite the fact that I have a 240w power supply and a Ryzen 5 Pro 1600 6-Core Processor paired with an AMD Radeon RX 550 with 4GB of Video RAM. I also have 16GB...
  4. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Background tasks icons not hiding in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background tasks icons not hiding in taskbar: Recently I installed a windows 10 in my new pc build everything was right but the background icons in taskbar should hide in a box opening with ^ arrow but it wasnt there, i searched up in taskbar settings but found nothing can you guys please help me with this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Task Manager hiding my programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager hiding my programs: Hey Gang, I've been having a problem when I open certain programs (Adobe Animate). I'll open it and it WILL run, but it won't show up on the taskbar or anywhere else. the only way I can manage to see it is when I go to task manager, end the program and run it again. I have...
  7. Dark mode on task manager solution

Dark mode on task manager solution: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/raconcop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jipgps/dark_mode_on_task_manager_solution/
  8. Does anybody have a PERMANENT solution to task tray icons auto hiding themselves?

Does anybody have a PERMANENT solution to task tray icons auto hiding themselves?: Especially the Chrome Hangouts extension. No matter how many times I tell that motherfucker to show its icon in the tray, it's usually hidden again in less than a day, so I have to click the up arrow key to access it. First world problems I know, but this issue goes back to...
  9. How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar

How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar: It's a freaking bug that let the taskbar not auto hide, to get it working again I need to restart or kill the explorer process and restart it ofc. I even had a fullscreen program running and the freaking taskbar was shown and it wasn't borderless. What cause this bug and how...
  10. Windows 10 taskbar not hiding – Our Solutions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 taskbar not hiding – Our Solutions: Most Windows users are used to having the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, but some prefer to hide it when not using it. Sometimes this feature doesn’t work properly and the taskbar stays visible when it shouldn’t. I’ll show you how you can fix this issue when it happens....